Olivier Giroud

LOL ESPN get some content.

Maybe I’d appreciate him more if he didn’t miss 4 guilt edged chances at home to Monaco in 2015 then a year later proceed to have a 16 game goal drought from Jan to late April.

4 Likes

Yeah his acne scarring is fucking savage.

I think he still had the acne when he started his football career in his early 20s, feel like I’ve seen pics of him from his early days with a bit of it

1 Like
1 Like

Giroud is levels above Laca by a huge distance and . I know I will get replies like you’ll have a lingering hatred for Giroud for Monaco game and the goal drought in the title race season . But where were guys like Sanchez in the second half of our flop title race . BUT at least Giroud did not cost 50 million. At least he was not so bad like Laca that we brought Auba a couple months later after Wenger caught onto Laca being a Bum. Better than Laca in so many ways, could link up play, could win the ball in the air. A threat on corners.

What does Lacazette offer? Lol

3 Likes

They’re both shit. We’re just debating levels of shitness here

That was the quickest like ever @SRCJJ :joy:

4 Likes

Mention how shit Giroud or how great R9 is and I’m here lol

5 Likes

End of an era.

Wow so he won’t get his chance to beat the record then

I guess that’s one of the drawbacks of being shit :cry:

6 Likes

Giroud has always been underrated in here due to the Ozil fanboys blaming him for the goal drought. And that game against Monaco lol. I like Ozil but he has been average to poor since 2017. Sanchez also went missing toward the end of the season that season. And just look at the back CF that season . Welbeck who was fucking shit In the seasons here was here. I guess not Henry’s record is safe . Giroud if can’t outscore Henry’s record for France

He can be very happy with his France career and shouldn’t be too bothered by this. I quite liked Giroud and defended him a fair bit at times, but his achievements outstrip his talent, which should be seen as being to his credit tbf. His attitude and application serves as a good example to youngsters of how talent alone does not dictate outcomes.

But yeah, he shouldn’t be sad because he’s getting on now and there’s no shame to not being selected with the attacking talent they have. After all, he’s been quite fortunate to have played for France as much as he has in the first place. Cos let’s face it, all the positive attitude and application in the world would never have seen him start for France for an entire World Cup winning campaign if Benzema wasn’t a scummy little blackmailing sonofabitch.

4 Likes

We maximized what we paid for him.
11m??

He was not underrated, but also no need to overrate.
He scored some good and beautiful goals for us, but he also missed a lot of sitters that cost us games.
His annual goal scoring drought really hurt us at that time.

2 Likes

How is fucking Martial in over Giroud lol

4 Likes

RIP @Phoebica

What a finish from the big man :fire:

8 Likes

Might have to be a ac milan fan. Giroud and tonali. So fucking sexy

4 Likes

And now he’s got a second. No wonder Ronaldo wanted to leave Serie A, he didn’t want to finish behind Giroud in the top goalscorer race.

7 Likes

One of the most underrated strikers of all time

4 Likes

I think most fans share the view that he is underrated, but that surely means he’s not underrated, no?

How highly do you rate Oli?

How highly can you rate someone that never scored more than 16 league goals playing in front of Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez and prime Ramsey ?

1 Like