Olivier Giroud

Of course he is people wanted bums like Lacazette and Martial to start ahead of him for France lol.

Before maybe, but now? I don’t think anyone would want Lacazette to start over Giroud. I’ve seen plenty of people react negatively to Martial being selected ahead of Giroud.

When he left Arsenal he was most certainly underrated, but I think Giroud is sufficiently rated these days.

1 Like

Yeah, it was nice. Now those lucky Milan fans can look forward to him fluffing 46 much easier chances and then scoring a random screamer.

2 Likes

Olivier Giroud: GOALS GUARANTEED!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

when he hangs out the boots. The new generation. Will look at his Youtube highlights reel. And will think he is one of the best strikers of the decade lol .A late bloomer, touted not as talented as Benzema, but in terms of international level, and Benzema only has himself to blame for that. With his scandal.?Giroud has achieved much success than the former. 2nd highest french goals scored. Second highest goal scorer. I don’t blame the fans who despise him after what he did to us in Baku…the performance and how he celebrated. Was a kick in the teeth for the people who liked him after he left for Chelsea

8 Likes

Really good feel good moment for the club along with the Puskas award

One of my favourite Arsenal goals, if I’m looking purely at the aesthetics goal itself and ignoring context whether the goal carried the significance of winning something or coming in an important/big match.

1 Like

I always find myself having to see Ramseys goal vs Galatasaray lol.

Nothing important I don’t think, but the way that ball flies into the top corner. Weak foot. Mental.

3 Likes

I occassionally search for Santi’s goals against West Ham & Newcastle.

Plus that Vermaelen last minute winner against Newcastle

1 Like

Yeah, thats another one. Probably the best screamer I seen in my time supporting Arsenal? Would be very pleased to watch any other contenders for that crown if people wanna post some.

1 Like

My favourite is Alexis in the 2015 FA Cup Final

He nearly kills Shay Given in the Villa goal :rofl:

I’ll sometimes watch the FA Cup final goals against Villa for fun.

1 Like

One of my faves was Reyes laser beam into upper 90 against Chelsea I think

Rosicky v Hamburg.

That Henry thunderbastard against United as well. Twatted it so hard but it was basically in the middle of the goal, swerved right past Carroll. 04 maybe?

Vieira v United many years ago. He scored one that curled back towards the goal, fantastic technique. Must have been in 98 or 99 that one can’t remember

Goals where the ball hits the bar aren’t as aesthetic as similar goals where they just go straight in. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I always say this when a ball doesn’t hit the back of the net.

@Phoebica

1 Like

There are very few sports autobiography’s I would buy and this would be high up on the list of books I wouldn’t read even if you gave it to me for free.

I have no doubt he’s got some interesting stories to tell but nothing about his character strikes me as remotely interesting.

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I’m going to suggest it for next month’s book club book :sweat_smile:

3 Likes