Oleksandr Zinchenko (35)

No post in this topic yet after yesterdays masterclass? Broke through midfield for our first (which was also his assist) and third goal, pre-assist for the fourth. Feels like he’s getting more important every week!

7 Likes

Even if you look at where he’s positioned to receive the ball before he feeds it to Saka…

He’s an incredible asset to us

There wasn’t, but this one sums it up nicely :slightly_smiling_face:

I do think he was outstanding last night, but he has far to many misplaced and sloppy passes which leave us in alot of trouble when they happen.
For such an important position in the middle of midfield, that needs to happen less.

2 Likes

looks like he plays a bit of everything…CB, LB,RB midfield and attack haha

1 Like

Seems he has absolute freedom, no other full back in the world who plays im a similar way

He’s quite a wildcard in this lineup

4 Likes

Manager and player deserve credit. Firstly the manager for creating a system whereby his freedom of movement is facilitated and the team is still secure defensively, and then the player for having the tactical intuition to make it a reality.

Not even Cancelo was playing this role like how Zinchenko currently is. He’s absolutely taken this LB / 8 hybrid position to another level.

5 Likes

I feel like our need for a midfielder to play Xhaka’s role diminishes with Zinchenko in the team. Teams that pack the defence and stay compact deep in their own half are having to deal with him probing the lines, on top of double-teaming the likes of Marti/Saka. How do you deal with that kind of nonsense?

Maybe Vieira gets worked into Xhaka’s position long term, as an internal solution, while we keep the powder dry for whoever our top of the list CM is.

Either way, I’m pleased Zinchenko has had some consistency in regards to his health of late because he’s such an important part of this team and how we function against the more stubborn opposition.

I said this soon after we bought him but no one agreed with me lol

1 Like

I still wouldn’t tbh.

Maybe cos noone, including you, had seen him play.

4 Likes

Fucking feels like I’ve still barely seen him play

5 Likes

Tbf, you also thought Lisandro wasn’t coming in to take Tierney’s place. :grin:

It doesn’t get spoken about enough how much of a brilliant transfer this was. 30m pounds is ridiculously good business.

1 Like

I stand by that
Hes not a LB and is playing CB for United

The funny thing is, City have an issue at LB this season and could have really done with Zinchenko there. Cancelo for whatever reason lost his head, and Ake is doing a make shift job.

We strengthened considerably whilst weakening them.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this guy and 100% agree with you. Unbelievable signing for us. £30m is a bargain for someone of his quality. I love watching his movement at the Emirates and admire the way, as others have said, how the team allow for him to move around so much of the pitch. Leads by example too (Gary Neville didn’t know what he was talking about when he said he wasn’t a leader).

Very quickly becoming my favourite player of the season. Still haven’t decided who I’m going to have on the back of my shirt, but atm Zinchenko is a leading contender.

BTW…for those who like to look back at old posts…Zinchenko was on my wishlist in the summer…just saying :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I didn’t really rate him at City - thought was the weakest link in a quality set up. How wrong I was.

1 Like

It’s because he couldn’t lead a fckin piss up in a brewery himself the shit cunt.

3 Likes