Oleksandr Zinchenko (35)

In fairness to KT, he is missing so much match practice at the moment.

1 Like

I didn’t see this at all…

We barely had the ball for the whole second half and our best passages of play in the second half pretty much all came as soon as we made subs for the last 10mins.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Haha you beat me to it.

Still got a fantastic voice

1 Like

That’s brilliant!

Yep I had that chant stuck in my head most of the day yesterday, walking around the house singing it.

Luckily the other half is used to my antics. Gives her a break from Saka and Emile Smith Rowe at least.

4 Likes

There’s a reason why our whole left-side has gone up a level.

7 Likes

Can’t put into words just how good he is on the left. His technical quality is great and even though he’s not the best defensively his presence adds a whole new dimension to our play.

Great signing. Him and Jesus have elevated us so much.

22 Likes

The magic was inside of us the whole time. We just had to believe. It’s like in community theater productions of Peter Pan when they have the kids help Tinkerbell get her magic back.

9 Likes

Kyle Walker wasn’t lying lol.

5 Likes

Very disappointed in Marquinhos stinking it up with Turner. You expect Copacabana style from a young brazilian winger.

You mean Gabriel Magalhaes?

2 Likes

nope marqquinhoos. He was battling it out with the big clunky guys in Turner and Gab M. Even Holding beat him ffs.

This guy is next level. The way he plays on the left and in midfield at times is great to watch.

Looked solid defensively yesterday, too.

Makes you wonder why we wanted Martinez over him really.

2 Likes

He was much better defensively than in the Leicester game.

Martinez is a natural defender though. There have been times when Zinchenko was not as switched on defensively. Similar stature & passing capabilities but superior defender; so I understand why we prioritised Martinez over Zinchenko.
And I presume Edu thought Martinez would be cheaper than 30m that we paid for Zinchenko.

I assume Zinchenko would add a lot more in attacking half than Martinez

1 Like

This. I can’t lie, there have been times where he looked a bit shakey defensively but we kind of knew that. He’s a risk taker and offensive minded midfielder by trait. Sometimes he’ll be a bit too cocky for his own good or he’ll misjudge something defensively. Martinez just gives you that extra edge defensively especially from an inverted left back position.
I do agree Zinchenko has him beat offensively and his impact has completely changed our left hand side going forward.

Glad Tierney doesn’t start games even when he’s not really fit. I honestly think he was en route for an early retirement if he kept going on like this.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I was sat at home and I stood-up to applaud. What happened to my banter football club?

2 Likes