Odsonne Édouard

Thanks for the excitement of bumping this thread mate

1 Like

Perfect time to buy him?

1 Like

Yes :eyes:

2 Likes

I think Edouard makes the most sense to replace Laca.
Should be getting him for 20-30m.
Auba ain’t getting younger so he will have to eventually move centrally and he’s probably gonna be our main striker.
Let Edouard battle it out with Nketiah for who will be covering for Auba.

1 Like

His drop off has been alarming. Avoid now there’s not enough in place without creativity. Will struggle big time because of both these things.

2 Likes

Tbf, he’s a young French striker. Even if he doesn’t succeed here we’ll still be able to move him for a good fee.

1 Like

I agree. Edouard would be the best replacement for Laxa. They are not going to let Laca go for free so either need to sell him in the summer or offer him at least a 2 year extension to his current deal. If we sell we should still be able to get around £15-20m for Laca so if we can get Edouard for £25-30, I think that’s a cheap long term replacement considering he is only still 22. We would be building a very strong young team.

1 Like

If he keeps up his current form we should be moving him for twice that.

1 Like

Under normal circumstances I would agree, and hopefully there would be a few clubs in for him to raise his price, however I think Covid will have a big say in the summer in how much clubs are able to spend on new transfers.

1 Like

You think we are selling a 30 year old lacazette for 40m quid?

Let’s hope he can break his scoring record of 14 goals this season to give us optimism

1 Like

You should also add with a year left on his contract.
And to answer your question, yes IF he keeps up his form.

I think you are going to have to explain him being a part of a side that has been dominated by Rangers this season.

Spending £30m on him would not be the smartest thing to do if we are strapped for cash and have good options waiting in the wings.

Morelos scores some pretty nice goals for Rangers.

Wouldn’t last ten minutes down here.

1 Like

In what sense? I don’t watch Ranger or Celtic a lot but when I do I thought he looked quite a tidy player for 24 years of age, even if he is a complete hot head. You think he’s just way off the talent level for a club like Arsenal, or just off the talent level for the EPL full stop?

Discipline for a start and honestly think he’s very slow.
He’s tidy and decent given time but he wouldn’t get it down here. Discipline off the pitch is bad as well. Arteta have a field day dealing with that.

Swapping Lacazette for him would be such a sensible move

1 Like

Lacazette four year deal absolutely happening now.

1 Like

Would rather Isak

2 Likes

Don’t follow the Spanish leagues. Would he not be dearer?