Nostalgia thread

I love that ad, but also the music was perfect for it. I actually ended up buying that particular track at the time :laughing: Nike’s marketing campaigns growing up in the late 90s, early 00s were absolutely on point.

This was also another really fun one.

PARK LIFE!

3 Likes

I hate doing this. I’m gonna do it :see_no_evil:

Football ads were sooooooo much better when I was growing up than the nonsense you see now

Wright Cantona Fowler + co having a knockaround to the sound of Blur, that was an amazing ad :ok_hand:

1 Like

Pat Jennings doing a unipart ad. Only seemed to get shown on sundays when The Big match was on.

Holy moly, I can’t imagine a Footballer doing anything like this today :joy:

Here’s another absolutely glorious 90s advert that I still adore today. God bless you Murray Walker :pizza: @Electrifying

5 Likes

Did…did he just eat a slice of pizza crust FIRST?!

Leaving aside it being stuffed, that’s absolutely psychotic! :cech:

Popped up on my timeline, what a game, what a time!!

Also LOL at the dinosaurs, forgot about them

10 Likes

WTF!? Dino playing football? They can’t be worse than Mustafi though.

Oh shit, the penguins as well :arteta:

Crazy Japanese motherfuckers

1 Like

Never knew about that, that’s bloody brilliant :grinning: The sad irony is, if that were on a game from today, no doubt it would be put in as a fucking DLC :roll_eyes:

I miss this kind of silly humour in games where the creators could put in secret bonus stuff to unlock.

1 Like

Some Japanese games still have that. See Yakuza.

Majima is my spirit animal.

TSC you’re into Yakuza now?!?!?! :giroud2: :giroud3:

SUUUUUUUU

Best series in gaming.

And yes Majima >>>>>

Playing the classic codemasters Lma Manager 2001

1 Like

I loved LMA manager 2001, spent many a school holidays playing that.

1 Like

I have many hours of misspent youth playing Lma. Shame it’s not around anymore for current gen consoles

1 Like

Mysty used 90s nostalgia…it’s super effective!

Definately one for this thread. I can’t believe this is already 20 years old, time flies so quickly…

7 Likes

And this

Chills Everytime I listened to this back then and now

And

Ah, 90s was soooo good.

3 Likes

God damn. Ducktales, woohoo! :arteta: Ah so damn catchy. Been a real long time since I seen that. I remember owning Ducktales 2 on the Gameboy :smiley:

And it seems like so many shows, (mostly Japanese) really made such good use of guitars in their intros at that time, I never saw much of Dragonball Z, but watching that, would make anyone feel pumped and ready to sit down and watch that.

Times and things change, but I’m definately happy I grew up in that era of the shows that were around in the 90s/early 00s. Wouldn’t trade it.

Definitely not. Toons are not the same anymore. Very lazy these days. They even fucked up Tom and Jerry.

I would highly recommend the Freiza saga. You only need few details to begin with and you can dive straight into Freiza saga.
I watch it every 2-3 years as it still keeps me at the edge of my seat.

You earned your like right here

1 Like