Nostalgia thread

I still know every word of the Arthur theme song.

Pretty much this.

Also how has no one mentioned these legends:

290px-Rugrats_cast

3 Likes

POGS!

https://scdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/pogs-696x522.jpeg

Though I must admit, while I remember collecting them at the time, I honestly can’t recall what was the actual purpose of them?

Then of course there’s this guy!

Always loved this scene from Family Guy on Alf though :arteta:

I used to love those cigarette sweets with chocolate and paper. Then political correctness obviously went mad.

1 Like

I would love just once to see Arsenal run out onto the pitch once more. Home or away instead of this fake parade every week.
Honestly waiting for that moment on a big match day was huge. Waters down atmosphere these PC gimmicks.

2 Likes

The :lion: :crown: :heart_eyes:

Who remembers this beauty of an ad? :cristo: :laughing:

2 Likes

Once a month when I get paid from work I buy a couple of Pokemon Base Set 1 booster packs from ebay, almost have the whole collection again like I did as a kid

I’m going to guess, based on that, that you were born in 1984

Pretty sure @Sol’s list indicates he was born very late 80s. Am guessing 1989.

3 Likes

Nahhhh, I’d say 87-90 :smile:

@sol settle this bruh

1 Like

Yeah pretty sure it’s 89. I vaguely remember a conversation where we discovered we were born in the same year.

2 Likes

:sunglasses: Probably my favourite ever Tv show as a child. In fact definitely

1 Like

I think you guys are right. Late 80s. If I had to revise my guess, 1987.

I’d be ashamed of myself if I got it wrong. Normally quite good at this. Got @BergkampsLoveChild year of birth straight away based on his choices

1 Like

No way, @Sol is a 87er as well? Get in mate! :fist_left:t3:

1 Like

It is 1989, turning 30 this month. @Mysty guess spot on but am sure I’ve mentioned this before somewhere. Some decent guesses though, I’m impressed.

1 Like

Are you turning 30 on the 30th?

As Sol says bro, he’s an 89er unfortunately. But never mind, we’ve always got @Luca_from_Italy :bellend:

@Robin_L I loved Knightmare. That early use of computer graphics some how made it weirdly creepy, which just worked well at the time. One of those shows where if it were rebooted today, it wouldn’t work so well.

We can call this next ad nostalgia for sureee :kos2:

3 Likes

Cool as yoy like :bellend:

2 Likes

The old Nike adverts were so good. Definitely tried replicating Roberto Carlos’ freekicks :smile:

A lot of 89’s in here. Big 30 for me next month, fuck sake.

4 Likes