Next manager

Who would be happy with Luis Enrique?

What’s the argument for and against?

I think our attack certainly becomes infinitely better with him as does the profile of player we aim to sign.

7 Likes

We need a manager not just a head coach.

Bring in Allegri now.

1 Like

Not really happy with Enrique. Never really rated him. Don’t think he has the pedigree to turn this around. Literally the only two people I can think of saving this situation are Mourinho and Wenger. Wenger is out of the question so it’s just Mourinho for me.

1 Like

Allegri or Enrique would be my main choices in the current market.

I think Allegri is more likely to get more out of this current squad given the fact that he doesn’t have a set philosophy but rather approaches games in different tactical manner and aims to build a system which works best with what he has at his disposal.

But Enrique would be the better choice for more pleasing football and would probably get the best out of the likes of Pepe for example.

4 Likes

Christmas is a big period in English football. It’s also going to be a tough time emotionally for this man.
Not sure he comes till after then. Would be acceptable replacement.

1 Like

I remember you and @A.F convinced me back when he was a choice in 2018.

I think he’d be good, and Barca fans would happily take him back too.

Not winning more than 1 CL with MSN is harsh, when Pep has only won 2 with the teams he has had.

He’d get us playing better football and would encourage more commitment from our players. Give us a kick in the ass.

Also he is the furthest from a coward, unlike Emery.

2 Likes

is enrique a good manager though or did barca make him look good?

1 Like

What about Marcelino?

Balague on Luis Enrique…

“He wants to go to a club that challenges for titles, he wants to go to one that wins things and would like to have an experience abroad, but mostly in the Premier League. He has been learning English, he speaks a little bit of it."

Balague, Marin are ultimate bullshit merchants.

We need some Ornstein

7 Likes

He’s too busy admiring the mound of cash The Athletic threw his way.

3 Likes

I believe that Luis Enrique is very much underrated and deserves more credit from Barca fans. I opined that Luis Enrique’s last season was worse than Tata Martino’s season. But as I see the players play, I want everyone to note some key points where everyone of us who criticized Enrique were wrong.

1. Sergi Roberto as RB instead of Vidal.
  2. Opting to sign Rakitic rather than Kroos
  3. Not relying on Possession based football

These are the three most significant criticism he received from fan base. But turns out that he was very reasonable in each of these. I can say, it’s impossible for anyone as per the current standing, to argue against the aforementioned three tactics of him.

I agree completely. I have always defended Lucho’s record on this forum, but you and I are not the only ones. He has a bad reputation here but several of us do think his time here was a success. (Which it was, trophy wise. You don’t win a treble and a double without doing something right.)

I do loved his brand of football . That treble season and first half of 2016 was breath taking and one of the most entertaining since i started to follow Barcelona . Those counter attack goals against ATM , Real ,Bayern , Juve

Considering that he is a great motivator, maybe Arsenal is doing a good job going for him.

I’d be interested in Arsenal if he went there.

Arsenal would be a perfect destination for him. He may not be a good tactician but he has balls of steel, that is what Arsenal needs right now the most…

His last season at Barca wasn’t great, but he was at the end of the cycle.

People always say MSN, but none of them have managed anywhere near the same level of form since he left (Messi and Suarez have Valverde as an excuse).

Freddie in for the forseeable.

Pocchettino in the summer :+1:

Sounds like a post someone would make defending Emery or Wenger

#ENRIQUEOUT

he can speak english btw

A little wary of Enrique. Is he responsible for that slick Barca side or is he the guy that spent a lot of money at Roma and played like absolute toilet?

If we give him a 6 month contract I’m all for it although I’d rather look at someone a little more dynamic for the long term.

6 month contract lol, as if any manager is gonna sign on the dotted line on a 6 month contract :arteta:

2 Likes

If your unemployed you’d take a 6 month contract from a big club in England lol

Yeah, I reckon Big Sam would be up for it