Next manager

There are coaches who would come in on a caretaker basis. Chelsea have done it plenty.

1 Like

washed up interim jobbies yeah but ones that are good enough to be an actual manager wont go for that

1 Like

We don’t need an actual manager now. This season is basically over. We need someone to attempt a salvage job on the top 4 while the board look for a long term appointment.

1 Like

so you think a washed up manager is gonna take this shitstorm to 4th in 6 months…it wnt happen

We just have to be good enough that Spurs and Man U out shit us and hope one of Chelsea or Leicester fade away down the stretch. I think a guy like Rafa couldn’t do any worse on a caretaker basis.

1 Like

I have no problem with Enrique but I think we should go for someone who has had PL experience.
It’s fine to manage Barcelona where you are working with Europe’s elite players in a league that has only a few top teams but in the PL every game is difficult and the pressure is far greater.

We also need a manager that is going to shake us out of a culture of complacency and with no real organisation.

Ideally I would have Rodgers but there is no way he would take a step down to manage us.
Then Ancelotti, who has managed, and been successful, in the PL, or Conte who has also had success in the PL, who would sort out our defence and get the players playing to their strengths.

If we want a manager that is going to get us playing more attacking football and won’t spend a fortune doing it, then Ten Hag would be good for our board, or if we’re going for a younger manager then Nagelsman might be a decent option.

But whoever it is, they won’t be coming in until the end of the season, unless something forces the board to sack Emery.
A couple of wins in the next two PL games against two out of form teams, Southampton and Norwich, should see Emery back challenging for a top four place but if we lose or draw them, then the board will have to do something about it.

1 Like

Southampton and Norwich will come at is with everything they’ve got; at the minute no team is scared to have a go at arsenal and we will capitulate.

1 Like

Ten Hag team plays the type of football I would love to see at Arsenal but not convinced he would come to us unless he had a wish to manage in the prem. Doesn’t BM want him badly and will probably get him.

2 Likes

Why is PL experience important? Conte, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Wenger, Pellegrini all arrived in England without any PL experience and won the title in their first full season.

Klopp had no PL experience before becoming a monumental success at Liverpool. Neither did Mancini at Manchester City.

Current Chelsea manager had no PL experience prior to his current run at Chelsea.

6 Likes

What has Luis LOLrique done besides letting MESSI NEYMAR AND SUAREZ do their thing winning some stuff?

1 Like

You love Emery. Pipe down you tree merchant

To be fair Lampard is one of the most experienced and successful players in the PL and has played under successful managers.

It’s true that Klopp and Guardiola hadn’t managed here before but they were both experienced at the top level in Europe.

There is a lot less risk hiring someone like Rodgers than there would be than maybe someone like Enrique, Ten Hag or Nagelsmann.

atleast im not a lazy fucker waking up at 10:00 . jeeeeeez

3 Likes

Such an underwhelming club to support. Moving at a snails pace.
Arsenal are just falling away now from relevance.
Matter of time till we get the sleeping giant term. Pretty much over under this ownership and leadership.

6 Likes

We basically already are the London branch of Everton with a fancy modern stadium

3 Likes

That’s the level of ambition from our board in one sentence.

2 Likes

Well it is true isnt it…allegri and enrique arent available until summer, who is out there really that could really help us even arteta isnt likely to move in the middle of mancitys season who are we gonna get right now unless of course sacking him and keeping ljungberg in charge but we dont know how his team will play either but i am sure it would be better than now.

Neil Warnock’s left Cardiff lads. Should we till the summer.

3 Likes

He’s allergic to the premier league