Next manager

Arteta might be it though. Trust the process. :hipster:
We finished runner-ups in the PL Christmas-20/21 season.

3 Likes

Ernestoooo!

2 Likes

Arsenal should be all over this if they had a modicum of intelligence. But they won’t because they are shit and y’all get to enjoy Arteta mediocrity for another year rippppp :clown_face::clown_face:

5 Likes

I’d rather live in the blissful ignorance that we could have got him if we tried than the reality of him telling us our project was also a pile of shit

11 Likes

You say that but even in that event Goebbelog would have cooked up some good prop and a sizeable group of arsenal fans would still have faith.

1 Like

Wow, even being in preliminary talks with Spurs was enough to make him decide to take a break from the game. V powerful aura of sadness around that club.

9 Likes

Similar situation to my mate whose ex turned lesbian after being with him.

3 Likes

Did your friend also have a powerful aura of sadness?

*casts Aura of Sadness

emo

1 Like

Watching Arteta’s inevitable mediocrity for yet another season, while the board squirm with embarrassment and having to sack him, would be great.

Seeing them then get a top manager for a change, like Conte who we could have had in the first place, would be even better.

But knowing he turned down spurs and waited for us to call him would be the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. He’s Greek. His name is Pathos.

1 Like

I liked this post but only because @Bl1nk hasn’t installed a “reluctantly like this post” button.

1 Like

[quote=“Joshua, post:3184, topic:3385, full:true”]

I liked this post because it’s all Greek to me.

So let’s say Arteta gets sacked by Christmas.

Who could we realistically bring in?

An obvious one would be Conte, but I doubt we would pay him the money or give him the transfer kitty he would want.

Who else is there that we could get?

Rodgers??

You go for Conte and give him whatever he wants.

6 Likes

Current Betfair odds

Don’t know why Allegri is favourite. He’s only just gone back to Juve.

1 Like

Rodgers does seem the most plausible

Any decent board would always have a list of potential other managers.
Unfortunately our board is as useless as our manager.

Conte would be the obvious choice and Rodgers would be the best of the PL managers we could realistically get.
Although I don’t think there is anyone worse in the PL than Arteta so there would be plenty to choose from.

Looking at the odds for the next manager no one stands out.

I could see us going for another cheap option again and going for someone like Potter haha

1 Like