Next manager

It’s moot anyway. Arteta is here for life.

Why isn’t Conte isn’t on that list?
I just hope our board have learned that an ex player who is cheap, is not what we need.
So, Vieira or Ljungberg shouldn’t be considered and please don’t even entertain Howe or Benitez.

2 Likes

Henry is 22/1 and Wenger 40/1 lol

But yeah no idea why Conte isn’t on the list, he’s the obvious one

2 Likes

Only Simeone and Gasperini excite me on that list

4 Likes

Don’t forget Sol Campbell at 17/1 :neutral_face:

1 Like

Conte would change the loser mentality at this club. Fire a rocket up the arses of these middling, unambitious, meek cunts.

The Kroenkes wouldnt know what the fuck hit them.

Even if it was just for 2 seasons, it would shake the club back onto the right path. Having somebody who is so passionate about winning that he’d bite the head off a rat to get 3 points.

4 Likes

Arteta, Lennon, Lampard, Shearer, OGS, Mccoist

Appointing ex players as manager never works

I think OGS has turned it around for United. They actually look decent now and have gotten better every season over the last two seasons.

Others I agree with you though

1 Like

Yeah, while he has done better than the others, I still believe United would be better with someone else in charge. He still hasn’t won a trophy with them. Think he lacks the killer instinct that will push them to being title contenders. And they’re Man United, they could have their pick of managers, especially in their current position.

2 Likes

We had two ex players in the eighties and Graham did work out well for us but before him we had Neill, who certainly didn’t.

1 Like

I don’t think Shearer belongs on that list given he managed a total of 8 games. Newcastle were doomed that season.

Theres a list of former players doing great things too to be fair.

1 Like

It never lasts tho then its ruins your legacy until the dust settles

Arteta is lucky he didn’t have one to start with :joy:

2 Likes

Simione, Conte, Wenger, George Graham, Zidane, Dechamps, Conte, Capello, Kenny Dalgleish, Heynckes, Pep Guardiola, Ancellotti, Johan Cuyff

Just to name a few

11 Likes

Waves white flag

4 Likes
3 Likes

Cruyff, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Conte, Luis Enrique, Zidane

It works just fine when the coach you appoint is actually good

1 Like

Didn’t even see this post. Your list shits all over mine too

6 Likes

Appointing Big Sam would be pure banter :slight_smile:

Although he couldn’t be much worse than Arteta

Looking at his list, I think @Calum meant ex players managing their former clubs, not just ex players becoming managers generally.

So Wenger and Heynckes wouldn’t be counter examples.

Unless Cal actually did just mean players becoming managers generally.

2 Likes

Yeah I was meaning ex players of the club you are correct :joy:

2 Likes