Next manager

If we got Ancelotti our football wouldn’t be much better based on what I’ve seen from Everton.

They don’t have half the squad that we have…

2 Likes

I’m not so sure to be honest, put down Everton’s best 11 compared to ours and I don’t think it’s a huge difference.

1 Like

They probably have a better midfield than us, which has been a big issue for us this season.
And their team is far more balanced than us too.

Our squad is underperforming due to management.
Not comparing the ‘table’ or ‘in-form’ comparison.

Our team is unbalanced and has no character.
Arteta hasn’t built a team that relies on strengths of others to fill the weaknesses of team mates.

We are a shit show that is wasting incredible talent in a system that lacks identity, character, energy and results.

Give Wenger this squad, and we’d be in 5th right now.

3 Likes

Digne and Coleman FB our full back options aren’t better, probably par with Tierney and whoever you have as our RB.

Are our centre back options better than Keane and Holgate ? Probably not.

Midfield options are Dacoure, Allan and Gomes probably pretty similar to ours again, although I’d say Partey puts us above despite injuries hindering him.

James, Richarlson and DCL is as good as Auba, Saka and ESR you’d have to say.

Really isn’t much in it all up.

We proabaly have a bit more depth in certain areas, but I don’t beleive it’s a huge talent difference in starting 11s.

1 Like

You’re using recency bias to determine “better or not”.

My point, I think, stands true. Our squad on paper is much much better - wages reflect that.

No, it doesn’t. Shit players on high wages are still shit.

3 Likes

Thanks for the lesson in logic.

So if we use this season, only, as “data”, then Auba, Gabriel and Partey fit your definition of “shit players on high wages.”

Gtfo

I keep coming into this thread expecting breaking news that the apprentice has been fired.

4 Likes

An apprentice learns on the job, how not to keep repeating the same mistakes and to get better at what he’s doing.
I think you’re confusing apprentice with novice, which is what Arteta is.

He doesn’t need to learn anything, he already knows it all. :grinning:

4 Likes

What is with all of these managers leaving sides and then coming back within a year or two of late? It’s unbelievable, you had Jardim at Monaco, Zidane at Real, Allegri going back to Juve and now Spurs trying to woo Poch back. At this point maybe we really should just bring Big Weng out of retirement.

Where is Jardim now? Fell of the face of the Earth ffs

2 Likes

Yeah I suppose his second stint saw his reputation go down, it’s a little surprising he’s still out of work though

1 Like

:rage:
Really should have taken a run at him. Put together two very different Monaco sides. Played some really nice stuff at times as well. Obviously Mbappe helped a tad. Still believe we’ll be back in the market for a coach come Christmas.

1 Like

Jardim should have been our new manager in stead of Emery, indeed. Ticked every box you could think off, apart of playing attacking football like some give importance too.

3 Likes

It’s difficult not to become very annoyed seeing the managerial merry-go-round currently underway and knowing that we aren’t going to be jumping on it. Rather, we’ll wait until mid-season and sack the underperforming manager then when there won’t be nearly the amount of available candidates that there are now and it won’t be in the summer when we can get the new manager acclimatized. We have the perfect opportunity to make this decision now but we’ll just trust the process instead. So frustrating.

5 Likes

My pick Allegri taken, other’s picks like Tuchel, Pochettino taken. Conte will be taken. Mediocrity next season beckons.

2 Likes

Close to being too late now. There were lots of available options only just a few weeks ago, but many of them have now found work again.

Favre, Fonseca, Rangnick, Valverde, Conte and Sarri. I think those are the only ones available now who I can see top clubs targeting/who at least have experience of working at top clubs.

2 Likes