Next manager

Yeh I’m sure he’s upset the club didn’t buy anyone at that time as transfers were left out of his hands at that point. Last proper window he had was 2014 when we bought Alexis Sanchez. After that it was Gabriel Paulista and Elneny from Stat DNA. Again this is all proven fact don’t be lazy and do some research :+1::+1:

If you don’t think that Wenger had control over transfers, there’s no point in discussing what could or should have happened.

It’s not a proven fact. The board, Gazidis, et al repeatedly said that funds were available. You are choosing to believe what you want at this point.

Given the club’s spending post Wenger, it doesn’t support your conjecture.

Sadly, the club has spent poorly and now appear rudderless with no plan or know how to get the club challenging for honors again.

Hope they figure it out.

5 Likes

For the time being I would stick with Arteta till next season. It does look like he has a clear idea what he want to do this summer and it’s likely he’ll have the funds to work on it. I’ll let him have his first preseason and address that atrocious midfield.

In the meantime, I would keep my eye on the situation with Inter and Conte. If he becomes available then that’s an opportunity we can’t miss. Plus, Willian hates him. :rofl:

2 Likes

For this alone, you can F__k out now…

We can have a long list of managers and make suggestions…
The first thing to do is, fire the fucking genius, then we can move forward.
Without getting rid of the fucker, all talks are cheap. It shows the people in charge are still reluctant to make changes for the good yet.

Fire him, whoever in charge of the remaining games does not matter.
Just fire the fucker first, and fire fucking Edu, fire fucking Vinai, the fucking trio.
Vinai said good things of Edu, Edu said good things of Arteta…
Fuck them.

1 Like

I don’t like most choices out there. And I don’t want us to blow our transfer budget bringing someone that may not be the right candidate just for the sake of it.
There’s too much shuffling around at Arsenal the past 2-3 years. Frankly, I’ve had enough of it. If we have to go through reshuffling the deck again then I want it to be the right guy who will be backed properly.

3 Likes

Giving Arteta a budget would be catastrophic. He’ll be sacked soon and we want the next manager to get their own players in.

If they keep him it’s best in the long run he doesn’t get any funds.

5 Likes

Is that Harry Potter ?
We need a miracle spell

Future candidate, unknown, uncertain.
Current manager, shit, confirmed

We can hire a interim manager to transition to the new season, till we find the permanent one, the ideal one, then give him the budget. This I can accept.

There is no fucking way we shall stick with someone that is certified.
Not only I have negative (not even zero) confidence on him on our budget, this fucker can also fuck up our assets like fucking up Guen and Saliba. God knows if Saka or ESR or Tierney will be the next victim.

2 Likes

Exactly.
It’s not just our league position that Arteta is responsible for.
He has alienated some of our best players with his ridiculous tactics and team selection.
He’s dragged us down to a level where we won’t be able to attract the best players.
We aren’t in Europe and will be financially worse off.
The image of the club couldn’t get much lower.
All our big rivals are ahead of us and we’ve been caught up by the likes of Leeds, Aston Villa, Everton, West Ham, Leicester etc.

To give him yet another transfer window and season would be unacceptable and would see us fall even lower.

4 Likes

Beatrix it’s a fairytale appointment

1 Like

Just curious, who are the contenders for the job, assuming Arteta is sacked.

Ten Hag
Allegri
Rodgers
Rafa Benitez

Any other big names that might be interested? And should we be looking for someone to come and steady the ship (Rafa) or someone to start a new project all over again?

Allegri wants CL football as Romano confirmed. We’ll need to give him perfect conditions to accept coming here. Ain’t gonna happen imo.
Nuno from Wolves is another candidate. Gasperini at Atalanta another. Hell, Potter from Brighton is also another one.

We’ve pretty much missed the boat on lots of the quality managers.

5 Likes

I wanted to see Arteta succeed for a long time and thought he’d learn but his selections and formations against Villarreal were really the final straw in persuading me he’s a prize fuck wit and always will be.

His pathetic excuses after the game tell me he’s in denial about the shit job he’s doing so he won’t learn. How his bosses cannot now see this is beyond me. The guy is clearly a mile out of his depth.

I have no confidence that the club even have a short list to replace him and doubt they’d get anyone with a decent pedigree like Allegri or Rodgers. I think even Benitez would be a step too far for them. Most clueless owners and Board in the premier league.

6 Likes

Hence the question. As much as I want to get rid of Arteta, I am really not sure who I would want/is available. Not sure about Nuno, Potter etc.

Was really hoping Arteta would show some progress this season but it’s been a complete disaster. I haven’t seen any signs of Arteta having the capability to turn this around. In fact, he looks completely clueless.

2 Likes

I think those stories about steadying the ship are totally needless atm… I’m OK with that, and bringing in guys like Rafa or Big Sam, if you’re really in an absolute emergency situation, like relegation battle, and you need someone experienced to push and pull the team for a couple of weeks.

We need a proper manager. A top manager. Everyrhing else is a waste of time and money.

I’m OK with the first three names there, absolutely, but Rafa… We aren’t Newcastle.

At this point I really don’t know who could save this mess of a club :frowning:

1 Like

Michael Artette is a good coach. Should go for him.

1 Like

What’s that the Chinese replica :ozil:

Can’t be worse than the real one, true.

2 Likes

Is it possible to fetch the Bayern manager?