Next manager

Yeah we aren’t shopping for the elite at the moment. I think Rodgers would be a manager who could get us back into the top 4, which is welcome for now.

3 Likes

People told me the same about Emery.

1 Like

Rodgers isn’t the same manager as Emery, he’d fit us a lot better for many reasons

1 Like

No. He actually has a better record. The fact that he can communicate with players can make a difference.

1 Like

The style would be much more suited to what we’re trying to do as well

3 Likes

Why would Rodgers want to leave a team that well run has a good recruitment team and a board with ambitious and possibly playing champions League football next season.

Why would he want to leave that to come to this shit show

3 Likes

It would cost £40m to buy out Rodgers contract

1 Like

Would it? How much does he earn?

That is a very good question.
Although when asked last season about coming here he said, he wouldn’t say no, which was just before Leicester offered him a new contract.

Everyone is available at the right price and that’s how spurs have had Pochettino, Mourinho and are being linked with europe’s elite.

Any decent manager would go to a top European club, who have massive support, with an ambitious board that will back him financially.
But it’s the ambitious board bit that seems to be letting us down.

1 Like

Rodgers would jump at the chance to leave Leicester for Arsenal. The potential here is higher than it likely ever will be at Leicester.

People need to stop kidding themselves that Leicester are in anyway a more attractive prospect than Arsenal. It’s not even a comparison to be had between the two.

We are an English football giant and the third most successful team in English football history. Let’s not forget that.

Saying that - I don’t want him here.

10 Likes

I genuinely believe Rodgers would probably pay off a portion of his contract himself to come here.

4 Likes

There is such a thing as a person being happy in a job.

The average manager lasts 2 or 3 years at a top club. What’s really going to happen for him that’s so amazing in that time here?

2 Likes

£10m a year until 2025

This is true.

Leicester get top four and we get no CL football he’s still going to pay off his contract to come here? lol
So much of us being such an attractive prospect is rooted in history and romanticism but where are we now? Going absolutely nowhere.

2 Likes

I think that’s a separate discussion though. You can be happy and content where you are and want to stay there. But in terms of what the more attractive club is, it’s always going to be Arsenal unless Leicester somehow remain relevant at the top end of English football for a sustained period of time.

Rodgers left guaranteed trophies and an annual crack at playing in the CL with Celtic in order to take a floundering Leicester side who were heavily reliant on an ageing Jamie Vardy. If you ask me - it’s clear as day that he’s the type of manager who will always look for the higher profile role.

Rodgers has a point to prove after his Liverpool stint and until he gets another big job the jury will always be out on his ability to manage a top club.

2 Likes

Arteta acts like a hard man but really he is a cowardly, unadventurous manager who can’t motivate the players and lacks their respect.

Rodgers would come in and get the best out of the players available and we would see straight away what he wants to do.

7 Likes

I wanted Rodgers to begin with. Always thought he was perfect for what we were looking for, someone who can work with what he had and get the best or of them. A perfect transition manager to try and get us back into the CL. Yet so many slated him when mentioned.

4 Likes

I don’t feel for that kamikaze football of Rodgers. He has lost nine games too and conceded as many goals as we have. Rodgers probably does a better job than Arteta, but I think we can/should do better than him

3 Likes

Rodgers is a good manager but we’d be awful with him. The self destruct button would be pressed an extra couple of times a game.

1 Like

Graham Potter please. He’ll bring back liquid football to The Carpet.

2 Likes