Next manager

Unfortunately this process was spearheaded by Ivan Gazidis in May, then he did a runner to A.C. Milan in September. Then he put Raul, Sven and Vinai in charge as a 3 man team which collapsed like Jenga. Bald Bastard.

2 Likes

Good game mā€™loves

2 Likes

Maybe he can get us a little bit higher, higher than a 10 in the table.

1 Like

Next manager will be Mikel Arteta. 10 year extension on the cards siuuuu eat my paella u dirty bastards cooyg :eggplant:

3 Likes

Exactly, although you just need to take out the word ā€œagainā€ to make that sentence right. :grinning:

I want Allegri here, now

4 Likes

Gimme

4 Likes

Heā€™s not coming, he didnā€™t bullshit well enough in the interview unfortunately.

:vinai:

6 Likes

Allegri will not be compatible with this side.
Complete mismatch.

Madrid would have been a great fit a coupoe of years ago. Bayern too.

Explainā€¦

Weā€™ve got a bunch of youngsters that will need time to develop.
Allegri wants to manage a club thatā€™s ready made.
His #1 target when he joins a club is Isco per Fabrizio.

Iā€™m not surprised the last job he was considered for was Man Utd and he got snubbed over Ole then.

1 Like

I get what youā€™re saying but is it really a full blown youth project at Arsenal rn?

As far as youngsters go itā€™s pretty much ESR and Saka who are worth anything in terms of talent, other than that the squad is full of experienced players.

2 Likes

Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Saliba, Azeez, Balogun and possibly more.
We heard before that they forced Ljungberg onto Emery so they can see him utilize our academies more.

I could see an Allegri if someone very ambitious bought the club and was gonna invest immediately but this ainā€™t happening anytime soon.

It isnā€™t a full youth project yet but it should be and likely will have to be if weā€™re without European football next year.

The club have tried every shortcut imaginable.

Signing a bunch of Dortmund guys.

Signing a bunch of Chelsea guys.

Signing a bunch of expensive players to big deals into their 30s.

Signing a coach with a track record of getting into the CL via the EL.

Signing a coach with literally no track record of anything.

Signing a DoF who was a criminal.

Attempting to start a totally new European League.

The only thing we havenā€™t tried is taking our medicine, readjusting our average age and building from there.

To do that properly I think you need someone with at least a little experience and a clear vision of how they play. Arteta just doesnā€™t have that AND heā€™s been let down by the lack of infrastructure around him. Who can he go to for advice? Per? Edu? Vinai? Steve Round? Cmon.

Heā€™s not the guy. Maybe heā€™ll be successful sometime down the line. Look at Luis Enriqueā€™s stint at Roma. He was out on his ear fast AF. He wound up becoming a pretty good coach. Could say the same for Rudi Garcia at Roma. Could say the same for Fonseca whoā€™s getting fired this summer. Actually, come to think of it Roma and Arsenal are both similar in that theyā€™re really poorly run from a management and ownership perspective. Roma did just get new owners though.

12 Likes

FFS fair :joy:

3 Likes

Indeed. That made me chuckle @Joshua.

Usually I would like to get a replacement before getting rid.
However, we are so shit that, even if we fire Arteta first, any replacement can get a similar result.
Win some odd games, lose some unexpected games, consistently inconsistant.
Like Moh said on AFTV, what are we losing if letting go of Arteta? No.

The only thing they havenā€™t tried is getting a top manager.
Itā€™s a controversial idea but Iā€™ve seen other clubs try it and sometimes it actually works.

Please get Rodgers.

4 Likes

Rodgers seems like one of those candidates who some people love while others hate. I would be thinking about him also, Iā€™ve always felt heā€™s underrated (even still) and I think he ticks a lot of the boxes for me.

2 Likes

A massive improvement on Arteta, thatā€™s for sure. Not the elite, but wouldnā€™t mind him atm.

2 Likes