Next manager

Where do you see Allegri next? I’d like to see him battle Conte for the Scudetto with Milan. Juve seem like they will persist with Pirlo experiment

2 Likes

I’d love to see him back at Milan but I also want to see him at Real Madrid or Manchester United. I think he’s an elite coach but his reputation doesn’t grow if he stays in Italy because for some reason people discredit his work at Juventus despite how he had to deal with his squad being weakened year on year.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense to me that Juventus will persist with Pirlo but nothing the Agnelli’s do anymore makes sense.

They had the best run club in Europe at one point and they couldn’t be further from that now. They sold their soil to modernise but just didn’t do it the right way.

2 Likes

Fair play he paid for a nice wig. I take the shit hairline back.

3 Likes

I genuinely wonder if in the event no other top club sacks their manager if he’d come to Arsenal in the summer. It’s probably not the most desirable job given the situation we’re currently in.

If Zidane gets sacked then he’s almost certainly Real’s next manager

1 Like

We’ve interviewed him once. We didn’t like him. He, subsequently, doesn’t like us.

Non-starter.

Was he definitely on the list? If so I bet the board didn’t like his salary requirements.

He was, Athletic revealed this, courtesy of @Calum

2 Likes

Absolutely shocking decision making from the board. Which makes me think the board won’t be able to find a top class manager ever again.

4 Likes

That list of eight finalists will never cease to amaze me.

The only thing I can think of is that Raul stocked it with terrible choices so that his boy Emery would look good in comparison.

1 Like

My God those seven names mentioned there, apart from Allergri obviously, are absolutely horrible. Absolute dross.
Can’t believe that was really true. I don’t dare to believe that. If so we’re doomed as a club.

“Additional” candidates seem much better though.

Btw they went for Emery over Allegri? :rofl: c’mon… Can’t be true… Right?

1 Like

I question the authenticity of that list. For the fact that we interviewed Lopetegui…the summer he went to Real Madrid? Really?

1 Like

I think we will keep with Arteta until Steve Bruce becomes available.

6 Likes

Seems like a legitimate candidate judging by the previous ones.

2 Likes

I should add though that as fucked as our succession process was it’s still better than SAF just unilaterally handing the job to Moyes, largely because he was Scottish.

1 Like

We’re desperate for some Arsenal blood on the board. Whether its Graham, Wenger, Bergy, Keown, Overmars, O’Leary or others. We need our board to be Arsenal DNA

3 Likes

I hope the board wanted Allegri but he just didn’t fancy us, that would make me feel better about our atrocious judge of talent in managing.

1 Like

Only if the Price is Right.

2 Likes

Btw I should mention, this has been bought up multiple times in the past and we’re still gobsmacked, truly a shocking moment for this football club. No wonder we’re mid-table.

1 Like

If you’re not gonna impress on an interview…I dunno. Maybe the board saw something awry with Allegri that we can’t.

1 Like