Next manager

What about Marcelino?

Balague on Luis Enrique…

“He wants to go to a club that challenges for titles, he wants to go to one that wins things and would like to have an experience abroad, but mostly in the Premier League. He has been learning English, he speaks a little bit of it."

Balague, Marin are ultimate bullshit merchants.

We need some Ornstein

7 Likes

He’s too busy admiring the mound of cash The Athletic threw his way.

3 Likes

I believe that Luis Enrique is very much underrated and deserves more credit from Barca fans. I opined that Luis Enrique’s last season was worse than Tata Martino’s season. But as I see the players play, I want everyone to note some key points where everyone of us who criticized Enrique were wrong.

1. Sergi Roberto as RB instead of Vidal.
  2. Opting to sign Rakitic rather than Kroos
  3. Not relying on Possession based football

These are the three most significant criticism he received from fan base. But turns out that he was very reasonable in each of these. I can say, it’s impossible for anyone as per the current standing, to argue against the aforementioned three tactics of him.

I agree completely. I have always defended Lucho’s record on this forum, but you and I are not the only ones. He has a bad reputation here but several of us do think his time here was a success. (Which it was, trophy wise. You don’t win a treble and a double without doing something right.)

I do loved his brand of football . That treble season and first half of 2016 was breath taking and one of the most entertaining since i started to follow Barcelona . Those counter attack goals against ATM , Real ,Bayern , Juve

Considering that he is a great motivator, maybe Arsenal is doing a good job going for him.

I’d be interested in Arsenal if he went there.

Arsenal would be a perfect destination for him. He may not be a good tactician but he has balls of steel, that is what Arsenal needs right now the most…

His last season at Barca wasn’t great, but he was at the end of the cycle.

People always say MSN, but none of them have managed anywhere near the same level of form since he left (Messi and Suarez have Valverde as an excuse).

Freddie in for the forseeable.

Pocchettino in the summer :+1:

Sounds like a post someone would make defending Emery or Wenger

#ENRIQUEOUT

he can speak english btw

A little wary of Enrique. Is he responsible for that slick Barca side or is he the guy that spent a lot of money at Roma and played like absolute toilet?

If we give him a 6 month contract I’m all for it although I’d rather look at someone a little more dynamic for the long term.

6 month contract lol, as if any manager is gonna sign on the dotted line on a 6 month contract :arteta:

2 Likes

If your unemployed you’d take a 6 month contract from a big club in England lol

Yeah, I reckon Big Sam would be up for it

There are coaches who would come in on a caretaker basis. Chelsea have done it plenty.

1 Like

washed up interim jobbies yeah but ones that are good enough to be an actual manager wont go for that

1 Like

We don’t need an actual manager now. This season is basically over. We need someone to attempt a salvage job on the top 4 while the board look for a long term appointment.

1 Like

so you think a washed up manager is gonna take this shitstorm to 4th in 6 months…it wnt happen

We just have to be good enough that Spurs and Man U out shit us and hope one of Chelsea or Leicester fade away down the stretch. I think a guy like Rafa couldn’t do any worse on a caretaker basis.

1 Like

I have no problem with Enrique but I think we should go for someone who has had PL experience.
It’s fine to manage Barcelona where you are working with Europe’s elite players in a league that has only a few top teams but in the PL every game is difficult and the pressure is far greater.

We also need a manager that is going to shake us out of a culture of complacency and with no real organisation.

Ideally I would have Rodgers but there is no way he would take a step down to manage us.
Then Ancelotti, who has managed, and been successful, in the PL, or Conte who has also had success in the PL, who would sort out our defence and get the players playing to their strengths.

If we want a manager that is going to get us playing more attacking football and won’t spend a fortune doing it, then Ten Hag would be good for our board, or if we’re going for a younger manager then Nagelsman might be a decent option.

But whoever it is, they won’t be coming in until the end of the season, unless something forces the board to sack Emery.
A couple of wins in the next two PL games against two out of form teams, Southampton and Norwich, should see Emery back challenging for a top four place but if we lose or draw them, then the board will have to do something about it.

1 Like

Southampton and Norwich will come at is with everything they’ve got; at the minute no team is scared to have a go at arsenal and we will capitulate.

1 Like