Nacho Monreal

All I can say is, he was never a speedy player and as he is getting older (and injuries), he got exposed a lot.
Deteriorating is not a fault.
He had his good days but he is over the hill already

Exactly what I’m saying effectively…

I would just say too bad, we have an aging player…

A lot of the criticism on here are not necessary.

Yes, he is no good anymore probably, but as a squad/sub, I can accept that.
To start him that much or start him in important games, probably should not.

Our fingers should point to the manager/club instead.

1 Like

Nacho was, and is.

He went there are a deputy for Alba tbh, he never went as a starter so it didn’t matter.

He may have scored some nice goals, and is a nice guy, but he was shite as a defender.

1 Like

He went there as the 2nd best option, not like you said “didn’t matter”.
Don’t think any team would pick a shit as their back up, even the chance of playing is slim.

Yeah one thing I’ll say is that I trust him on pens more than the strikers. Killer mentality

1 Like

Lacazette, really? He’s got a reputation built on being good at doing the penalties!

2 Likes

Rock solid today… Good to see that he bouncrd back from a bad game.
Over the prime already, but his experience deserves a rotation and back up spot.
I want him to stay

Redeemed if we get past Rennes.

1 Like

How fucking arrogant is this post.

Your opinion of the game isn’t superior to anyone else’s.

2 Likes

Barca are looking for someone to fill up the backup LB spot, and may consider Nacho man for that position. wouldn’t be against it if we can leverage their interst to get Umtiti.

He’s on a free still apparantly. If Monreal wants to go to Barcelona there is nothing we can do about that or leverage their interest.

Getting Umtiti will probably largely depend on if they get De Ligt.

Thanks and goodbye

Barca wants him as a backup, and some thing he is not good enough for us as a rotation…
Interesting.

As far as I saw, we extended him in January. So he’s only free for Barca if we charitably decide that’s the case.

Fucking as bad a performance you could wish to see. Totally finished at this level.

1 Like

Another horrible performance from him. We haven’t talked a lot about LB as a top priority position to strengthen in the summer, but I’m starting to morph into the mood that it’s just that. If the Alaba rumours are to be believed, we should definitely splash the cash and make it happen.

4 Likes

Alaba, a top winger, a Ramsey replacement…

I believe we only have the budget to sign one, maximum two if we sell Ozil/Mhki.

Since Emery has a tendency to play 3 at he back, I think a true LB is not really a top priority, even Monreal deteriorates so fast.

You’re right, Alaba can be all three.

he won’t be CHEAP… :slight_smile: