Mohamed Salah

The same reason we did it to Özil? :joy: not sure he was pulling any trees up in 17/18 for us

2 Likes

I bet if Mane was not leaving at the same time, they would have not given him the contract.
It’s a similar situation to us with Sanchez & Ozil.

1 Like

I think they would have been much better off Mané staying and Salah going

Same with us and Sanchez basically. We couldn’t afford to lose both big name players so we rewarded one with a mega deal he didn’t really deserve that much at the time based on his recent performances.

2 Likes

They kinda had to give him that deal. Not necessarily based on recent form but a lot of it is because he has been the talisman for their return to the top and competing for the big trophies. I feel like the optics wouldn’t have been great if they let him walk.

1 Like

Yeah exactly this, same way we couldn’t let Auba or Ozil go

He is a statpadder galore. He has now based 100% of his game to get into goalscoring positions. The whole thing that made him elite was his ability to link play and beat his man again and again.
Mane was lowkey the better of the two and it shows now when he is gone. Loving this lolpool meltdown atm !

1 Like

Not ready to call Salah washed

Liverpool as a unit just aren’t optimal, if it doesn’t change this season then it may be the downward spiral for him

2 Likes
1 Like

‘Snake hips’ Salah. :slight_smile:

Oof. He’s been shit.

3 Likes

Monumental waste of wages right now.

That’s 16 games in the league without scoring isn’t it?

Edit: from open play I mean btw. And I’m not sure that it’s accurate but I remember it being something like 15 games without an open play goal before this

7 Likes

Klopp’s insistent to play him into form will cost them

I don’t even think he’s playing him into form I just think he considers Salah better equipped to play in his system than the alternatives.

Diaz is a bit of a dud in terms of his actual output. Jota is a bit one dimensional. Firmino is finished as a high level player and Nunez needs time to settle.

Salah is basically his reliable face and Klopp trusts him regardless of the form.

I also feel he’s stubborn. The same way he won’t accept Trent can’t defend he seems to be unable to accept Salah offers them 0 right now.

3 Likes

Tomi kept him under wraps

2 Likes

:finland:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t have celebrated Christmas :man_shrugging:

didn’t realise it was that long

Arteta and Tomi deserve some credit here too. Yeah Salah isn’t at the height he once was, but he’s still a solid player and can still produce something from nothing. But he was kept quiet today. Putting Tomi on the left was a brilliant decision.

5 Likes

Strange to see that neither him nor Vardy have scored in the league so far.

2 Likes