Mohamed Elneny (25)

wondering if there is a stat showing the number of back passes?
If there is, probably we are on top of that list.

1 Like

Ughhh, this would infuriate me if I were ESR.
As a fan, I am just numb after seeing this happen from our midfield again and again.

This is all on Arteta. He is instructing the midfielder instincts out of them.

1 Like

Elneny: ā€œOn my motherā€™s life these Madrid guys are playing against us.ā€

Good seeing a midfielder in that position on his goal. Donā€™t see it enough with our midfielders.

5 Likes

Must be a pretty popular guy in the locker room considering the goal celebrations.

Heā€™s super frustrating to watch but itā€™s not his fault we keep asking him to do things he just isnā€™t good enough to do.

1 Like

If his entire job was popping up a few times a season in matches like this so others could have a rest heā€™d be perfectly adequate as a squad member.

5 Likes

I think heā€™s played enough games this season to have increased his value. I think itā€™s perfectly plausible to command around Ā£15m for him and I hope we can get rid of him this year.

For me, realistic outgoings this summer;

Elneny, Torreira, Kolasinac, Luiz, Lacazette, Nelson, Willock, AMN, Bellerin

I can see all of the above being sold (or released in Luiz case.

Would also like to see Xhaka and Holding binned too but that wonā€™t happen.

1 Like

He does seem like a genuinely nice guy. I do like him. And to be fair to him, I donā€™t think he has ever had a proper shocker for us. Heā€™s a consistent 5 or 6 out of 10 player. And thatā€™s the problem.

1 Like

Tbh heā€™s only ever been a squad player and heā€™s slightly improved in that role.
Iā€™d have no issue keeping him as heā€™s not an issue. What you see is what you get with him. Far more deadwood too move on.
Take him over the pretenses of the Hale End midfielders of AMN,Willock and Nelson. Thereā€™s more fantasy and potential based arguments on these which will ultimately let us down. Mo as stop gap is more honest and accommodating.

5 Likes

I think Elneny is a very good squad player, I would keep him, so long as he is happy, only playing now and againā€¦He actually looks like one of the few players who enjoys playing for us, he isnā€™t the worlds best player, obviously, but in fairness, heā€™s never really let us downā€¦
I like him, and, personally, Iā€™d keep him.

2 Likes

That is a problem because Xhaka is a 3 or 7 player. If Xhaka was just good consistently having Elneny as a back up wouldnt be a problem. Now we need him to perform because our starting player offers nothing.

2 Likes

Elneny is a the perfect player to have in your squad as long as he doesnā€™t have to feature too often. Itā€™s a bit of a paradox and a slippery slope, I just donā€™t see his value if you want to be truely competitive.

Guendouzi in his place is the more logical approach, younger and more potential to sell on. Overall a better player too.

At a club like Arsenal that prides itself on itā€™s midfield I feel like we should have 3 to 4 really good options in the heart of the pitch competing for their starting roles. We havenā€™t had that in a long time.

4 Likes

Starting to like Elneny. Criminally underrated. Heā€™s a shithouser too.

4 Likes

Certainly keeps shit housing his way into the team the cunt

1 Like

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12302316/willians-free-kick-from-all-angles

The way Elneny ā€˜fallsā€™ in the wall creating a huge gap :poldi:

1 Like

So good today. People in the match day thread were quick to shit on him though. :man_shrugging:

A performance one of the Daviesā€™s in the 2005 Bolton would be proud of

3 Likes

Because he is NOT Arsenal quality, thatā€™s allā€¦

I like him, and have said before, heā€™s a good squad player, doesnā€™t make a fuss if he doesnā€™t play, never moans, and always does a decent job when he playsā€¦BUT, he should only be thatā€¦a good squad player.

Yes. And I will not stop. No chance he was man of the match.

1 Like