Mohamed Elneny (25)

Given current circumstances if we sell Torreira and Guen and bring in a Xhaka replacement keeping El Neny as a 4th choice makes a certain amount of sense.

2 Likes

If we want to get better as a squad then we need quality right the way through. Elneny has to go, heā€™s a player with zero upside.

4 Likes

What about Willock and AMN?
If they stay, are they ahead of him?
If we sell them, why not use that cash to bring in another younger option in midfield to challenge Xhaka and Partey?

Iā€™m counting both as gone already to be honest. Neither ever got a shot there and I donā€™t see that changing.

Iā€™ve already said we need the Xhaka replacement so are you saying that plus one more?

Yeah.

Canā€™t see it happening. Not opposed.

1 Like

I donā€™t like him and heā€™s a baddish player.

1 Like

If anyone ever needs a reminder of why we need a squad player with more upside than Elneny, then just rewatch that half.

13 Likes

Only an absolute psychotic masochist would do that

1 Like

If they canā€™t see how average Elneny is, they never will do.

1 Like

He mentioned it in his interview as well and it was evident from the training videos. Good for him.
Hopefully he can score another one of those bangers in the next EL games too.

Had to look up Comoros.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame that, as a professional footballer, Elneny waited until his mid twenties before practicing his shooting skills but I can see this revolutionary training tactic catching on and other players trying it out.

2 Likes

Get out of the club

4 Likes

Came on and gave us 30 minutes of nothingness, and the entire match fell to pieces. But all I hear is Ceballos slander? Lmaooo :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

At this point we are just defending shite.

Dani/Xhaka/El neny are truly awful players. I still would rather have dani partnering Partey, but that doesnā€™t mean heā€™s good haha.

2 Likes

I think people know what to expect from Elneny.

Ceballos is naturally the better talent and the expectations are bigger for him. He hasnā€™t been performing that well recently and has cost us a few goals which has rubbed people the wrong way.

Whatā€™s he doing here! :grin:

1 Like

^ Was so maddening that play. A good summation of Elneny

If someone ever asks you to describe Elneny, just post that image.

5 Likes