Mohamed Elneny (25)

Full name: Mohamed Naser Elsayed Elneny

Date of birth 11 July 1992
Place of birth El-Mahalla El-Kubra, Egypt
Height 1.80 m
Playing position Defensive midfielder

Played very well vs MLS AllStars.

Had a thunderbolt shot saved brilliantly by their keeper.

Looks to be becoming a player we can rely on.

Hope Wenger won’t bench him again.
With Xhaka and Coq here, and Rambo, Jack, Santi (one of 3 will play as RW), he probably won’t have much playing time.
Coq may play CB for a while, so he needs to pick up his game fast and establish himself ASAP.

Meh. Don’t think he should be starting.

Loving this guy! He’s had a very impressive pre-season. Can’t wait to see how good he’ll be for us this season.

2 Likes

Bossed the midfield, yesterday. He looks (naturally) more integrated than Xhaka in the system. I would like to see him into the XI against Liverpool and not the Big Granit who has time to learn and play regulary.

1 Like

I’d like to see Xhaka and Elneny in a pivot and Santi in front of them as the 10.

1 Like

Just spitballing here but I’d like to have ozil as our #10.

Think he’s just talking about the games Özil will sit out brah.

1 Like

Yup, I’m talking about Liverpool obviously.

1 Like

Noted. My bad.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Elneny pushes for a starting spot.

He’s proven to be technically fucking sound, and works hard too.

The competition for starting places is healthy this year. Until half of them get injured of course.

1 Like

How about that for an assist?? Come on for what? 2 minutes and BOOM.

DLP-TREQUARTISTA-DM-ASSISTWHENYOULIKE-ELNENY.

Mohamed Naser Elsayed Elneny, thanks for providing us with what lead onto be a climatic moment tonight.

4 Likes

Great cameo!

Really was a superb assist. He was probably brought on really to make sure Xhaka didn’t pick up another yellow, but nonetheless, even in a short sub appearance, if you can come away having done something important like that assist for the team, then it’s job well done.

He reminds me in a way of Edu. Unsung, unassuming, but chips in with an important bit when you really need to. Good going Elneny :+1:

3 Likes

El Matchwinning Nene @JakeyBoy

1 Like

This cat has 17 posts in his thread?

Probably testament to going about his job in a professional and effective manner.

I think this guy should be ahead of ramsey in the pecking order for the deep midfielder role.

How do people of OA rate Elneny at the moment? Feels like it’s a bit quiet around him.

• A fine squad player. Useful.
  • Top signing, future star for us
  • Very reliable and good, should start ahead of Ramsey
  • Fringe player, will fade out
  • Other, reply

0 voters

1 Like