Mesut Özil

weren’t you trying to shift the blame away from the whole team, except Ozil and Sanchez?

even if people trying blame, Sanchez should take more than Ozil, who had 19 assist that season, just one short of record.

If the striker did not score (15 consecutive games), how the midfielder get the assist??

The whole argument can go both ways…
midfield did not support the forward enough, OR
forward did not capitalize the chances midfield created.

Be frank, you said this team had deficiencies, and Santi was out for the whole 2nd half… the whole thing should be a collective team failure, no way we should put fingers on individuals.

I agree but it was more the failure of Wenger rather than the players.
He hand picked and coached the team and having Ozil, Sanchez, Cazoa and Ramsey playing behind a striker as mediocre as Girded for so long was ridiculous.

1 Like

No. The post I replied to from GC said that “If they (Ozil and Alexis) were backed properly that team could have achieved more.” I think they were good enough to achieve a title with the team they had. And I think I’ve given a significant amount of evidence to back that up too. So you may disagree with me but my opinion isn’t baseless. They were capable of better.

In the first half of the season, Ozil was excellent. They both did not perform well in the second half of the season. If you wish to apportion more blame to Alexis, I’m not going to stop you.

I posted a video of all Ozil’s key passes to Giroud.

The burden of goals is not only put on one person. Ozil can score as can Alexis, no? They did not. Nor did they create the same level of chances that they did in the first half of the season.

Failure can always be seen as a collective one. I just apportion more blame to our difference makers as they did not make a difference when it mattered most unlike Leicester’s.

1 Like

anyway, we still see it in different ways, but, getting closer now :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Ramsey and Giroud lost their emojis then Ozil must too. Ramsey and Giroud scored/assisted in all of the finals they played in.

We have Saliba smiley emojis suggested, let’s use those. Auba had his emoji removed, and as I mentioned so did Ramsey and Giroud .

Absolutely no reason or need for Ozil to still have one.

1 Like

Was some sort of goal drought that, hugely pivotal blanks from January 17 to the end of April.

1 Like

Giroud actually had his restored. And rightly so because it’s magnificent.

:giroud2:

1 Like

Listen. I don’t mind Mesut going… but we do need proper replacement first… you lot talk a good game abour how easily replaceable this is, but look at it again :ozil: look at the implied superiority, the arrogance, this isn’t just mockery - this carries a hint of humiliation. These aspects make it especially satisfying to use, and I feel that it fills an important role in the emoji fauna and thus in the larger OA shit posting ecosystem I hold dear.

If possible I would like to see some alternatives that have the same or at least similar qualities before we dispose of the old.

thank you for reading

4 Likes

Ozil calls time on his career

9 Likes

Undeniable talent but his poor attitude and mentality lead to a pretty disappointing ending to his career given how good he could be.

Definition of a luxury player I guess.

1 Like

Good luck to him and glad to hear about his retirement. Instead of having a toxic end of career, it’s better to quit early if you can.

In Hindsight, it would have been better if he went to MLS

You sure he didn’t have that anyway? Think the last few years have been pretty damaging for his rep.

4 Likes

Look at the way he left his last three clubs.

The definition of a toxic end to his career and it dragged on for like 3 years haha

2 Likes

Saying nothing of your toxic end to his OA emoji career. :cristo:

5 Likes

I haven’t had an agenda on OA since Bendtner was here so I felt like I needed one to keep me on my toes :poldi:

1 Like

On his day easily one of the best of the Emirates era

3 Likes

Ozil is definitely the common factor but I do think a lot of it began after he became too expensive to all 3 clubs and his contribution was not comparable to his wages.

If he had a poor attitude issue, it would have been reported long before he turned 29.

1 Like

It was reported by Mourinho.

Don’t care how he went out, still one of the best talents we’ve ever had.

Technical quality only rivalled by Cazorla and DB10.

Big mes :part_alternation_mark:

6 Likes

Mourinho probably reported Ozil for having too much flair and not defending corners enough. :grinning:

1 Like