Mesut Özil

Edit: Just seen @ronniec had me covered.

1 Like

personality is one thing… talent/ability is another.

Sure Sake and the rest can distinguish the difference.
They might not agree of what Ozil/Auba did but they could see the real abilities

:ozil: :ozil: :ozil:

I don’t think so, there’s no set number of emojis mandated, and we have other laughing emojis that serve the same purpose anyway.

Bin him now and we can add a new emoji when one emerges :muscle:

1 Like

Not interested in making excuses for those two as they were talented enough to offset those deficiencies. Alexis and Mesut simply did not deliver when it mattered most. 2015/16 is my evidence

The thing is I’m pretty sure @Bl1nk agrees with me and as he’s the only one who can do this I’ll get what I want anyway :ozil:

absolute bogus.

How about these two legends:

Arshavin
rosicky

4 Likes

Arsenal had better resources than Leicester in 2015/16. Under no circumstance should those two players lead us to a 2nd place finish on 71 points. Fair enough if you want to make excuses for them but I won’t.

@LFS-forward +1 on the Arshavin emoji

1 Like

it is nothing about Ozil’s emoji but you are putting the blame on 2 players (out of a 25-men roster) for not winning the league and bottled it.

I don’t know who the real bottlers were, but it is outrageous to put all blames on 2 players

People have put the blame on Giroud and no eyebrows were raised. Those two could and should have done more.

To me, those two were our most decisive players. They were brought here with the expectation that they’d propel the team to a title challenge at a bare minimum. Ozil was excellent in the first half of the season, and Alexis also produced. That period between January and April when the title charge faltered coincides with a drop in performance from both players.

funny that you kept saying Ozil and Sanchez should and could do better…

Why Cech could not make more decisive saves, at least save a PK for us?
Why couldn’t Per/Kos/Gabriel Paulista play better defense?
Why our favorite, Santi Cazorla, be more influential and contribute more, not just Ozil and Sanchez?
Why Theo and Ox injured so much and only scored 5 and 1 goals respectively?
Why Ramsey only scored 5 out of 29 league games?
Why the great Giroud missed so many sitters and not scoring more??

Yet, you put all faults on Ozil and Sanchez.

Ozil was a very special footballer and it was a privilege to have had him here. He stunk out the gaff in his final two seasons but had some unbelievable moments here.

1 Like

Arsenal conceded 1 penalty during the second half of the season. In terms of blunders from Cech, I can remember a couple in his debut. He did make decisive saves. Made a few decisive saves against Liverpool that kept the game 0-0. There was one versus Coutinho which was pretty sensational tbh.

Conceded fewer than a goal per game. Next…

Injured, so blameless by my measure

Theo? Injured. Ox? shit. Ramsey? 5 goals is a pretty mediocre amount of goals by him, but not an insignificant amount for a centre mid tbh

He didn’t…

Who put ALL the faults on them?

There were numerous faults in this team. I believe in Alexis and Ozil’s talents to offset that. They did in the first-half. They didn’t in the second-half

I never doubted Özils talent on the field (when he chose to show up). Just his attitude and shit personality off it.

1 Like

One great game in whole season, big deal

Leicester, Spuds and United conceded the same amount of goals, so?
Leicester was having defenders like these, we should do better

can’t stay healthy, why blameless?

Same shit

he scored 10 goals in 23 appearances in 13-14 so 15-16 only 5 goals from 31 appearances was underperforming.

15 games without a goal (had 3 assists though), not wasteful?
If you want to take out his substitution minutes, he did not score against Stoke, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Swansea, West Brom, Norwich… these were/are not even Big 4/Big 6 teams.

You did.
You are giving everyone excuses, but only Ozil and Sanchez had to overperform for the whole season.

You said Ozil and Sanchez had dip of forms in 2nd half of season and reason(s) to cost us the title.
Giroud’s slump was in 2nd half of season.

Excluding against the Big 4/Big 6, if he scored agaisnt Stoke, Southampton, Swansea, Spuds, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Sunderland… score some goals… we could have won the league.

1 Like

Plenty of current players who don’t have an emoji :slight_smile:

Feel free to post suggested images to remedy this.

I think going through all the great games or decisive moments that Cech made isn’t exactly going to change your mind. He was average by my measure. Not the +15 points John Terry predicted he’d be, but not a huge negative either.

I’m not saying they were outstanding but conceding fewer than a goal a game is a decent to good show for a defence wishing to be in a title fight. I’d say Koscielny and Mertesacker performed as reasonably expected. The season before they conceded 36 goals, and the season prior to that they conceded 41 goals.

65 goals scored on the other hand feels quite limp. Look at the season prior or even the season before that and you can see we’ve scored more. I expect more goals from a frontline led by Ozil and Alexis.

I guess his injury was related to overuse initially. A little later down the line, the doctors fucked up. When he was on the pitch the team was humming. They were a title-winning team playing title-winning football.

Not necessarily. Given what we’ve seen from Ramsey that 10-goal season is an overperformance. Take that season out and his best goal tally in the league is 7, 6, 5, and 4. As I said, mediocre.

We’ve all discussed Giroud’s 15 games without a goal to death. The team had deficiencies and one of those was Giroud as he could go on goalless streaks. As I said initially, Alexis and Ozil are good to offset that in my book. They didn’t. They were no better than Giroud in that spell.

Nope. My opening post on this topic said that this team had deficiencies.

Not all. I think on the other hand you’re keen to shift the blame away. Every team including Leicester and Tottenham have deficiencies. I don’t think either team had players on the level of Alexis or Ozil. Of course, now we can look at Mahrez, Kante, and Vardy as players on that level, but they did sustain performance.

In that January - April timeframe both Mahrez and Vardy contributed a combined 14 goals+assists. Giroud managed 5 goals+assists. Alexis (1g+1a) and Ozil(2g+2a) contributing a combined 6 goals. Forgive me for putting a significant portion of the blame on those two high-profile signings who were expected to contribute to a title challenge.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emoji Thread