Mesut Özil

I’m not really trying to debate the rights and wrongs on both sides, I just hoped someone could explain how his exclusion is solely because he supported human rights, like this Timmons fella suggests. Thats the specific thing I’m interested in here.

1 Like

We don’t know but it could have taken a few months of pressure from the Chinese gov for him to be excluded. We know China got a game taken from sale on Steam and GOG because it joked about it’s leader. That didn’t happen overnight, Steam was the first to retract the game and GOG planned to sell the game initially but later caved to pressure. It could be footballing reasons too or it could be trying to force his wage out of the club. It’ll be interesting to find out if we get any loan fee for him.

So is he gone now? Or end of season?

Seems like it’ll happen now but we’ll pay his wages until the end of June.

He’ll then be on 100k a week at Fener on a 3 year deal + a 2.5 mill sign on fee.

1 Like

Too much smoke at this point.
More and more reliable sources are coming out confirming this.
He’s gone.

1 Like

Reality is, that despite his footballing ability he was never consistent enough to be a legend at this club. Even the move he made here seemed lazy, it was easy to come to Arsenal and just be the big fish. Realistically we weren’t competing for shit, and here he would get a somewhat easy ride.

Had some brilliant moments, especially when Sanchez arrived, one truly great season which was wasted by garbage like Giroud. Unfortunately the good moments where far and few between.

Personally will be glad for this to be over now and for us to move on.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Hes gone isnt he :frowning:

Amazing player at his peak. Didn’t get enough credit for what he did here and I genuinely think the last couple years weren’t great but his first 4 or so years were amazing.

8 Likes

Peak Emeryball :drooling_face:

1 Like

That 20 game unbeaten run was all running on Wenger fumes.

4 Likes

And pubes as well, probably.

2 Likes

Basically the first contract he signed and the transfer fee were worth every money, despite what you hear from some corners at the moment and for the last 18 months.

1 Like

3 Likes

Actually it is a relief for every party, if he is leaving

1 Like
4 Likes

Good to see the players are sticking with Mikel over this

2 Likes

Sami Mobkel btw.

1 Like

What did you just call me?

1 Like

The source is shite. :rofl: