Mesut Özil

Probably some weird scheme is involved to balance the books.

1 Like

Yeah but maybe he’s a super negative influence in the dressing room like Brady was alluding to. Probably just don’t want him around any of the other players, shit stirring or causing further dissent.

2 Likes

Anyways I wish him all the best and hopefully he tears it up in Turkey.

Thanks for joining us Mesut as a high profile player in your prime, leaving a club like Real Madrid despite being the top assist provider in La Liga for 3 years running.

Key member of Germany’s world cup winning squad creating the 2nd most chances that tournament.

Shame the way it has all ended, but not everything has a fairytale ending.

4 Likes

Bell’s seal of approval. Ozil’s leaving THIS MONTH.

2 Likes

So if he’s so good how come it’s Turkey or America his only interest?
Guess you fuck about with your career the game passes you by. Dickhead.

3 Likes

I’m probably reaching here, but looking at the few comments the players leave on each other social media accounts, the castaways alliance isn’t far fetched(some of them unfairly frozen) Sok, Ozil, Mustafi, Kola, Guen, Saliba, add probably the chavs gang to it, and you have a big chunk of shit stirring senior players who are probably well respected within the squad, I’m glad this clean up is underway.

1 Like

Smell you later Mes

Facts

9 Likes

Well he turns what 33 this year it ain’t exactly prime Ozil anymore is it ?

Irrespective of if you like him or not in his prime he was elite, leading assist getter in Spain 3 times, led the assists in England and chances created between 13-17. Also a huge part of a world cup winning German team.

Not sure he has wasted his career either, 560 appearances for club and country thus far, won plenty of things, made a mountain of cash and has a huge brand.

5 Likes

Like when he cozies up to Erdogan and supports the Azeri war crimes against Armenia :joy: :joy:

All that other humanitarian business is just him trying to whitewash himself lol

3 Likes

Still don’t understand why he was banished in March 2020 when he did his standing up for human rights in December 2019. Has Timmons put a tweet out explaining why he was still selected in the interim period?

Nobody who adopts this line of thinking has seemingly been able to explain this yet, as far as I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Wasted the last few seasons here and should of left to resurrect his career.
What he done at Madrid and before is why I find his time here a real disappointment. Either way the heights he’s been elevated too as a saviour here for the last few years and he ends up in footballing back waters suggest the football world has lost interest in him and he allowed it too happen.

But dude, it’s takes time to come to a decision like that! A person doesn’t just get dropped immediately by their employer after making a controversial statement, there’s no precedent for that.

Will have to wait for both Ozil’s and Arteta’s autobiography to pick which side is plausible, until then we’re just speculating.

I don’t disagree that he could have left earlier to resurrect his career from an on field point of view, that last 18-24 months have been a disaster in that regard.

Bell said there were multiple offers for him.
America and Turkey naturally his preferred destinations and why they were in the forefront.

Not sure this is fair.
He left a Madrid team that went on to win multiple Champions League trophies and was arguably one of the best teams ever.
Ozil came in an already creative team and boosted that even further. Still, it wasn’t his job to get our long time struggling defence working or improve the finishing of our strikers.
Put Ozil in a City or Chelsea when they were doing well and he would have broken records for fun.

3 Likes

Because Ozil upped it by not taking a wage cut.

Arteta himself admitted that there was no disciplinary issue.
So if there are no disciplinary issue, no political issue, then why didn’t Ozil play a single game since lockdown?

2 Likes

You may well have a point. Maybe people shouldn’t be making it out to be all about human rights then?

Maybe.
Would you say Arsenal behaved unprofessionally?

2 Likes