Mesut Özil

Thread by Bell on Ozil. He has multiple offers on the table. Offers from America are the most attractive as that will allow him to expand his brand.
Ozil has been in contact to film a documentary and speak about his life in and out of football.

All praise the Bell.

Don’t let the bell end.

6 Likes

DC fucking United. Leaving for football reasons then.

DCU are a MESS. One of the worst run teams in the league imo. Just fired their coach who basically overachieved by being mediocre with not great investment. They don’t even have a coach right now!

Mesut and Arsene in, instasuccess.

1 Like

I do want to add that DCU played some dire stuff under Ben Olsen and don’t really have a big time star beyond Bill Hamid and Paul Ariola maybe.

I’m not sure how much Mesut cares but playing in DC means he could live in Rockville or Silver Spring which are swanky DC suburbs with good schools. He could also get pretty involved in international aid stuff in DC…but definitely not criticizing the Turkish government :ozil:

Going nowhere, for now.

He wouldn’t leave before getting every last penny we owe him. If this was only about playing he would have left a while ago.

4 Likes

Something doesn’t sit right with this. He was linked with Fener in the morning and then that completely switched to DC.
I wonder if the idea is for Mesut to be loaned out to Fener now until his contract runs out and then he signs for DC.

1 Like

Can’t see him moving at all this window.

Why wouldn’t he just wait a couple of months and rake in that $475k per week? Ride out that lucrative contract of his until the very end.

2 Likes

When did it increase from 350k?

1 Like

Isn’t it 350k pounds?

2 Likes

Ah my bad

It feels like Ozil will be lucky to bag 100k a week on his next deal, nevermind anything near what he’s currently on :grin:

Well if we free transferred him now we could save some money even if we pay him the difference between his current wage and his new one.

Doesn’t the MLS season begin in March or something? Surely DC would want him for that.

1 Like

I thought players on loan didn’t normally take pay cuts, the clubs just agree on what proportion they pay? Or we could pay him something to end his contract.

If Fenerbahce want to pay him 150k they could do that tomorrow, I don’t see why he’d want to wait around living in London lockdown and training with Arsenal now all his buddies are going.

1 Like

So what will it be? DC or Fener?

He’s just playing them off against each other to try and improve his contract offer. He’s going to suck every last penny out of Arsenal he can too.

1 Like

So still paying his contract for the first 6months if this is correct but at least he’s gone.

1 Like

Makes no difference if he’s gone or not before the summer if we’re still paying the salary in full.

1 Like