Mesut Özil

Going too be some tears around this place then.
Taking a big fucking L some people.

2 Likes

@Bl1nk that’s who I sold him to in FM remember :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Come on, LA Galaxy is one of the suitors, come here please

I’d be hard pressed to call him a legend.

Good player, no doubt, but legend puts him in the same bracket as Henry, Adams, McLintock, Vieira, Bergkamp, Wrighty, Seaman.

4 Likes

Those are Arsenal Gods

1 Like

He gave us some very good moments, was an easy player on the eye, and helped us remain competitive while a lot of other stuff at the club was going to shit. But he never really took us anywhere meaningful and he basically switched off after signing the new contract. Alexis was the better player.

3 Likes

I’m gonna miss him if he leaves. We failed him and ourselves in 2016.

1 Like

No beef with him but I’ll be happy to see the end of this saga.

4 Likes

Don’t worry…
With a shit owner, shit board and shit manager, another saga is not far away.

1 Like

Major dressingroom boost if we can get rid of this wasteman in jan.

6 Likes

Oh my! the tactic worked :eyes:

Can’t wait for this has been hack to fuck off.

He stopped applying himself in 2017 and he’ll be forgotten by next season. He’s everything that has been wrong with this club for years and it’s a shame he never fully lived up to his potential.

@GC-Maniac you’re truly a maniac if you actually think he’s an Arsenal legend if you aren’t just trolling of course. Giroud and his centurion is more of a legend lol

10 Likes

Im gonna his long shots. He really had a powerful shot with his left.

Anterior Cruciate Ligament Soccer with the big exclusive

4 Likes

That cunt is the worst loving all the memes on twitter about him :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I like that we seem to have our ducks in a row with departures this window

3 Likes

Also, imagine how those negotiations must be going

D.C. United: so in terms of a fee we were thinking…
Arsenal: Nonono, not necessary, just take him and get out. No returns, no refunds.

2 Likes

For me he ticks all the boxes.

• His arrival gave us a much needed push at the time and lifted the whole squad. Don’t think we would have broken that bad run not winning trophies without him.
  • Generational talent and has played some great football here in his peak
  • Showed loyalty when others didn’t(I know this is questionable for some but that’s my belief at least)
  • Despite his connections with a certain someone he has been supporting communities that struggle throughout his career. Some call it PR but it comes out of his pocket at the end of the day. Could’ve easily not bothered like many others do.
  • Had a big influence for the younger generation. Four names are usually brought up when I ask younger people how come they support Arsenal without catching us before we moved to the Emirates: Fabregas, Ozil, Alexis and Arsene.

Feel free to question the above but that’s my view on the guy.

3 Likes

Özil era bought trophies back to the club after a 9 year drought, a key player from 2013-2018 that was easy on the eye.

Sadly the second contract extension has worked out horrendously and it’ll be great when his wages are freed up for us to probably waste on other players.

6 Likes

Arguably (and I must stress the word arguably), Arshavin ticks those same boxes…

1 Like