Mesut Özil

He’s gonna get his wish too :+1::grin:

1 Like

Looking back, it’s really arrogant to leave Ozil out.

FA cup win and the board subsequently gassing him up fed an unwarranted ego

Ozil told Arsenal board to take a hike. The decision definately came from above.

We’ve been over this, Arteta copped to it already

That’s what they want us to think

1 Like

I’m willing to consider evidence, it doesn’t appear Arteta has gun to his head

The board should have zero say on who a manager does and doesn’t use, if it’s true that it came from above ( good chance ) then it shows how fucked we are and how Arsenal won’t ever get a manager with the balls to do it their way.

Ozil may be way past his best, but this squad has registered 3 RB and Joe Willock at the #10… footballing reasons :joy:

5 Likes

Don’t want to get into the whole Ozil thing here but the board never got involved over the Xhaka incident.
I never understood that and still don’t. Yet other things they seem too have. It’s a total conundrum too me.

3 Likes

Can Ozil outstay Arteta?

Huge possibility.

Absolute shit small time manager dropping a genuis. Squad mates liking Ozils tweet was assurance from them not liking Artetas decision.

Fk off Arteta

1 Like

Best place for it I’d say

2 Likes

It’s really not, mate. Ozil has a reach on his platforms of ~25 million people and was criticizing a country that can boycot and really make a dent in Arsenal’s commercial interest.

Xhaka was pissing off people who were going to be in the stadium regardless. Plus his reach is nothing compared to Ozil’s. ‘We’ were pissed at Xhaka, but that doesn’t mean we were going to boycot Arsenal. Rather we’d piss all over Xhaka. Arsenal wouldn’t get hurt, financially.

Of course these foreign owners are going to act on the former and not on the latter.

2 Likes

Yeah fair with the owners but still in the realms for the board too have intervened on the Xhaka breech.
Don’t have much sympathy for Emery as coach, but I did with that episode.

1 Like

Chelsea fans commenting come to Chelsea on the Giroud tweet lol

Fucking take him

2 Likes

I just think its great Ozil isn’t at all bitter about this gallic lamppost costing him the Prem assists record for a single season.

7 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t like Merse but that’s a valid point, he’s basically calling Arteta a clown

10 Likes

It’s almost nice to hear pundits talking like this about Arsenal now @Flexo

It always goes team-manager-board with these pundits. They’re done with dissing the team. They’re starting, rightfully, on the manager now, as @sevchenko said

Once Arteta goes, they’ll attack the board, like most pundits do with Mike Ashley and Newcastle.

Then it really becomes fun

2 Likes

he cant play though can he, he is not registered i really wish people will bloody shut up about this now it isnt going to change…it cant change, stop beating a dead horse.

4 Likes

It’s so ridiculous because Arteta (assuming no interference from the board) didn’t register the player specifically to stop that kind of “oh when will Ozil play” line of questioning! Instead he’s just opened himself up to the “why wasn’t Ozil registered?” question.

i genuinely cant wait until this guy leaves it is damn obvious he is never going to play for us again whilst he is here he is all we hear about, it doesnt matter if it the coach or the owners of both who cares the fact is he will never play again GET OVER IT. Mind you i reckon even when he is gone we will get ‘imagine what we could have done if ozil was still here’ ‘i wonder what league position we would be in if ozil was still here and playing for us’ sick to hell of it.

It is not just this forum though, everyone chiming in all the damn time. Ex players, pundits other teams fans…ozil, ozil,ozil bloody ozil…when he was playing people were saying get shot of him he is crap and hindering us now he is not playing suddenly he is the key and arsenal are stupid for not playing him.

3 Likes