Mesut Özil

Less than a month until player registration opens so it definitely can change.

2 Likes

Why not?
It was a stupid decision to begin with.

Only way to shut us up was by Arteta justifying his decision but he has gone a long run of games without scoring or creating much.

And btw it can change in Feb with revised squad registration.

1 Like

for now it cant though so i wish people will stop banging on about him he cant play now so merson etc carrying on about how he should be playing is an exercise in futility. I guarantee you also that he still wont be registered, we might have a replacement in Jan aso.

YES MERSE you fucking legend

GET SOME GUILE IN MIDFIELD YOU CUNTS

Sonic BOOM!

4 Likes

I think it stops after January when he’s inevitably not registered again.

thats the thing i dont think it will ever end. It will be the same story all over again, even when he has gone it will be ‘what a waste that he left us like this’ ‘imagine what we could have achieved with him in the team last season’ ‘we might have gotten into the cl spots if we utilised ozil properly’

honestly it is mind numbing now

Agreed, it’s like the laziest argument ever when other people say “you’re not creative anymore, Ozil will solve all that”. And if he comes in and stinks the place up, he’ll be scapegoated when games go wrong, more than anyone else.

People in football cling to the latest bandwagon - we need a shiny new creative talent who makes a difference to take people’s mind off Ozil. Until that happens he will continue to be on everyone’s lips.

2 Likes

How is it lazy to state that Ozil being ousted out of 25 man squad despite housing the likes of Mari, Soares and likes, while playing some of dullest football, is beyond our understanding of any sensible footballing reasons?

You’re misrepresenting her entire post by just taking a few words from it.

To not use the best players at your disposal and wind up standing 14th in the league ten games into the season where creativity is the number one issue makes leaving him out an utterly atrocious decision.

I don’t care if we’d only be a little bit better he still has to be in the team and if not you have to justify it with good performances at the very least.

All the smart asses saying he would make no difference please explain.

3 Likes

@srcjj fine I will address the whole post

You are basically minimising the intellect of people asking for Ozil and confining it to the bandwagon tendencies.

Most posters who keep bringing this thread up protested against Ozil’s exclusion the day the squad was announced. It was a stupid decision at best and a manipulated decision at worst.

People will keep on harping at the ridiculous decision to bench a player of such quality who is withdrawing insane amount, not because they want something to crib about but because Arteta failed to justify the decision.

Ozil is declining but he is still better than all of our midfielders.

People should rightly keep bringing it up, regardless if some find it mind numbling or annoying because we as a club either became

• bitches of Chinese government
  • vindictive assholes because Ozil doesn’t wanna go or take a salary cut
    Or
  • naive thinking we can push Ozil out and not justify the exclusion.

Maverick said people will complain about Ozil even next season.
Well heck yeah that’s possible if we end up worse than 6th or 7th.

2 Likes

Are we able to adjust the team list for the season and include ozil? Or is it a January thing when the markets open?

For the record, I don’t really disagree with your points.

I also am a big fan of Ozil’s talent and don’t fully believe Arteta explanation - I think there’s more which is not being confirmed but his hands are tied somewhat.

Do I think Ozil would be a positive influence in attack? Yes, simply because he can produce specific passes that most of this squad wouldn’t. Certain players upfront may produce better movement if they believe he will find them.

But is he the saviour that will waltz in and transform us into an exciting side, consistently? That is the issue which is not black and white.

Ozil has been involved in dead games too, where he has ghosted through. First person to be blamed for going missing - this isn’t new, and would return if/when we ever have a game where numerous players forget how to pass, forget how to produce a first touch or basically remain static.

The 1st team has been battling with these fundamentals all season, and only in patches have we had cohesion in the league.

Imo Ozil’s role is magnified because he has been assigned as our missing “spark”, when by his own admission his stats have declined, his impact isn’t always present, and although he is a very talented player, there are other deep issues in the balance of our front line and midfield which show that it’s more than one player who will “fix” our creativity issue, as some are indicating.

7 Likes

That’s a good post and probably describes how most people feel about the Ozil situation, truth be told

Show me one post where someone said including Ozil would solve all our problems…
No one in this thread is claiming Ozil as a saviour.

This is a non existent argument.

Quite honestly I rather criticize Ozil for 3 games and enjoy 2 good games he provides than current mind numbingly boring Ozilless existence.

Let me start over this again…

Collecting 300k per week, playing Fortnite at home and watching another shit show by Arteta.

Footballing reason…

1 Like

It doesn’t look when you banish someone with Ozil’s skillset and then proceed to score 1 goal from open play in 6 matches.

2 Likes

Any club that have ambition, would sack their manager right now
Any manager that has dignity, should resign right now

1 Like

No manager does that in 2020.