Mesut Özil

Please please please let this happen

Tired of having to try and shoehorn him into the team

Yeah yeah. Been found out now. Only a few fans want him now. The rest of the world just fucked him off.

1 Like

The rest of the world can suck it. Few posts above this I said I wouldn’t mind him leaving, I would mind what it would represent though. I.e. Unai fucking Emery molding this club closer and closer to his image.

They answered my call! :eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

If Emery goes with what he has always favored in the past (a flexible 4-2-3-1 that becomes a 4-3-3 or the more traditional 4-3-3 he used a PSG), it does leave a lot of gray area when we start talking about a “replacement” for Ramsey or Ozil or whoever. The replacement need not be a player just like that player or who would be utilized in the same way.

But, for instance, if we speak of Fekir (as rumored) as an “Ozil replacement,” he would be a great fit as a No. 10 in Emery’s 4-2-3-1. I think Iwobi could be used in that capacity as well (also as a midfielder alongside Torreira and Xhaka in a 4-3-3). But you could also consider a winger such as Zaha or Malcom to be a replacement (i.e., a player who will replace the other player in the squad or lineup, but may not necessarily be used in the same way, but rather to fit Emery’s system rather than Wenger’s).

Sure, let’s just ignore the notion of which leagues are truly worth playing in and which ones aren’t particularly.

A player leaving Spurs for Ajax isn’t displaying ambition just because their new club has a better chance of winning the league.

Such a strange argument you seem to be promoting here.

It was tongue-in-cheek.

I am of the opinion however that if players can’t cut it at a top two/three/four club in a big League it’s highly overestimated to make the jump from a Ajax or PSV f.e. Players like Siem de Jong or Davy Klaassen earned good money, played Champions League on occasion and were racking up League titles. What’s the point of leaving that for Everton or Newcastle? It’s unjustly romanticized imo.

Fair play mate, I didn’t catch that tone at all, my bad :+1:

Ultimately, Mesut is going nowhere is he?

Just a load of old bollocks drummed up to give worms like us a shred of hope that we can somehow scrape together enough money to buy Ryan Fraser on deadline day.

5 Likes

What, or better whom, else did you hope for exactly?

In general this window?

Sky Sports News Transfer Show headline story is Fenerbache want him on loan.

Fucking YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Is it going to be one of those shit loans where we have to pay some of his wages?

Yes :joy: but just do anything to get rid of him imo

1 Like

Luckily for us Sky Sports (UK) is a proper shit source.

1 Like

:thinking:

I don’t understand why you would want to get rid if two of our three forwards might be Zaha and Aubameyang. Emery needs to figure out how too squeeze one more good season out of him.

3 Likes

Mr two assists is finished. Playing with 10 men when this fraud plays

On the basis that frauds don’t count, we’re playing with about 3 men each week!

3 Likes

They don’t get 350k a week :eyes: