Mesut Özil

Always skeptical of these articles, but honestly you don’t need inside info to know the 2 key things there - the game demands more even of creative/attacking players today (just look at Pep’s team); and Ozil really isn’t effective at all when we lose possession…

it is exaggerated that he is “lazy” as he actually works very hard (and effectively) off the ball when we are in possession, but with our shambolic midfield, that has been somewhat nullified.

What a mess.

4 Likes

Ozil shares the same thoughts as I do, and many at this point do.
At least he isn’t a little bitch like his buddy Ramos going behind the coach’s back. He straight up told him he’s shit.

He has no respect for his managers after Wenger gave him litteraly the easiest life possible. He respected Wenger because Wenger always played him no matter how shit he was and never subbed him either.

3 Likes

He also respected Mourinho, how do you explain that?

And Low, until he gave in to the German FA’s orders to bench him.

That is why Mourinho wanted rid of him?

He didn’t? Ancelotti did.

1 Like

And that isn’t even confirmed tbf.
Madrid had to sell someone after breaking another transfer record for Bale.

1 Like

He had to work for Mourinho. Wenger was an easy life.

Probably respects him as when RM signed him Jose was just signing aswell.

What lol?

Look, Ozil is not the first guy that thinks Emery is shit.

I get it, Ozil also has issues. Beymar for example stil lturned up last season so you can’t completely blame the manager for playing badly.

Both need to GTFO of here.

2 Likes

He said he Ozil has no respect for his managers after Wenger gave him all that freedom. Mourinho managed Ozil before Wenger.

1 Like

Özil can think he’s shit if he actually does his job he looks like a prick going in a huff and calling him a shit manager when he has done fucking nothing this whole season.

You need to be performing yourself if you want to criticise your manager lol

Hmm, maybe I guess.

It’s not like I’m advocating Ozil stays. Ive turned on him too now.

The fact the Ozil experiment is still a topic of conversation over half a decade after we signed him says more about Ozil than anything else.

I’d much rather give Emery another year than persist with Ozil. I’m not Emery’s biggest fan - but Ozil has burned too many bridges with inconsistency and attitudinal concerns over the years.

10 Likes

I think the whole Erdogan saga affected Mesut too. He hasn’t been the same player since.

He’s a fucking moron for that. And not stopping when everyone was pissed at him.

From a footballing perspective, I don’t even care about Erdogan nonsense with him.

I am mad that this guy gets paid top dollar and has the nerve to not follow the coach’s orders and even goes against him, and says shit like he just said now. It’s unacceptable in any profession.

The guy gets paid ridiculous wages to sit at home, fake an injury and play fucking fortnite.

In which profession do employees get away with such shit towards their superiors?

1 Like

Crazy how Mesut Ozil is still the most interesting topic about Arsenal. Doesn’t matter what ‘side’ you’re on, he’s still the biggest talking point.

One has to go.

When has Ozil not followed the coach’s orders on the pitch?

Do you watch the games?

It’s crazy. On the scale of petulance, this is barely nothing.

Look at Chelsea, Real Madrid, United. Who have all done far worse to their managers.

Hes not intentionally playing crap to undermine Emery. Ozil’s just poor, finished now.

Massive exaggeration to excuse Emery who is the manager equivalent of day-old boiled rice.

1 Like