Mesut Özil

Where you at @BigWeng_4LYFE, you promised he’ll play.
Man didn’t even make the squad.

1 Like

Once the transfer window shuts down and we are stuck with Ozil, you will notice sudden increase in Ozil’s appearances

Tbh, I think Arteta is playing this right.
He can’t immediately bring Ozil and Guendo back into the side. Would send the wrong message to them and the rest of the squad, let them graft for it.

1 Like

I didn’t say he’ll play on opening day, I actually said he’d gradually be reintroduced like nothing happened.

2 Likes

He won’t play in the premier league for us again I think.

Do you see him getting game time in other matches?
And also, what do you think about Guendo? Similar situation?

Hopefully he’s sold so I don’t have to look at him again

Yes Özil will play with the reserves at BATE Borisov away

Does anyone think (mere speculation on my part) that in much the way David Luiz didn’t want to play/ couldn’t play under Lampard seeing as they were ex team mates, that Ozil is suffering from the same complex with Arteta?

No because he started every game for us in the period of him being manager and before lockdown

Lol y’all having a field day. Once again I didn’t say he was gonna play against Fulham just that he’d have a miraculous ‘change of attitude’ and be brought back into the team. My reaction was to the rumor he was gonna play at Fulham which seemed like my prediction is gonna come true eventually.

this post is going to ensure that he plays next game you know that right

2 Likes

No, I think there’s an entitled ‘star player’ syndrome with Ozil. I think Ramsey commented on Ozil being the teachers pet who got everything his own way. It stands to reason that new managers who expect him to press and get box to box at pace don’t accept his ‘I play how and when I want because other players can run while I jog and play clever passes’ stance. Arteta also when asked about Ozil ‘we know what he brings, he can’t dribble past anyone’ or something to that effect.

Basically Ozil was always a primadona but as soon as the ink set on the new contract he pretty much hung up his boots

2 Likes

Unless we don’t get any serious injuries with other players then yeah I don’t see him playing the PL games again.

If he’s here for another season play him in the cups and Europa League, get some use out of him and Guendouzi. I rather they play and give some of our first team players a rest.

4 Likes

Agreed - put the fucker to work in games where we need to rotate. If he walks around like a cunt then his precious image will be affected.

The one thing he clings on to is that fans on social media still give him handies at every opportunity. Need our Nigerians brothers to step up and tell the bastard to get the fuck out of Assna

2 Likes

Yesterday we had Saka, Pepe and Ceballos on the bench. If we sign another midfielder we don’t have to look at those two anymore (even now we could play Maitland-Niles as midfielder if we get a couple players back from injury). Which is fine by me to be honest. Let Arteta work with guys who want to be here and fall in line.

4 Likes

Hope he starts on Sunday.

Hope Arteta isnt stupid on Sunday.

As long as we win, Arteta could be as stupid as he wants.
Why are you insisting on playing Mesut when we have done well without him?

3 Likes

Losing top4 isnt doing well without him.

Hes still an asset so use him rather than wasting money. Hes still far better than 90% of our squad.

I agree with that but I don’t believe Ozil needs to be mainstay of the squad.

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: something about Özil :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like