Mesut Özil

2 Likes

Imagine using that caption on Ozil when he is literally the opposite of Michael Jordan in terms of mentality

3 Likes

Ozil fan boys are scandalous lol

An absolutely class player and the nearest we’ve got to having another Bergkamp but with the attitude of a Denilson.

Reckon Dennis would get a lot of shit if he played football nowadays. Same for Pires.

1 Like

Dennis used to get a lot of flack from us fans on the North Bank, especially in his first two seasons when he regularly seemed to just watch the game go by, it took us a while to notice that much of his work was pretty subtle. I think a few of us thought he’d be with us a couple of seasons before going on to a bigger club, rather than stay and help make us a bigger club.

Ozil just isn’t on the same planet as Bergkamp though. Bergkamp one of our top ten players ever. Ozil isn’t even in our top ten from the current squad at the moment.

4 Likes

Tbf, I think they spelt it wrong.

He’s the Last Dunce

2 Likes

Edu uses Deflect.
It’s super effective!

5 Likes

Hell yeah. Hope he starts soon.

We have 3 quality players now yay.

1 Like

If we surround Ozil with players of similar calibre of those who played during Dennis’ time, I am sure he’ll come close to the output and impact that Dennis had.

Up until 3 season ago, Ozil was near the top charts for chance creation and assists in Europe. Since then the quality of our squad has deteriorated significantly. We no longer dominate play, and do not have a distinct style either. It’ll be an uphill task for any creative player to thrive in these circumstances.

If you put Dennis in this squad, my bet is he wouldn’t fare much better than Ozil.

2 Likes

More like:

Edu used Deflect.
Edu’s attack missed!

Arsenal is out of pokemon!

1 Like

Ozil never had the balls to try and score goals. It’s partly why his chance creation is so high because if he’s 1 on 1 with the keeper, he’ll attempt a back pass

1 Like

I’ve no doubt that Ozil has similar technical ability but he’s a slower player, less physical, less consistent, less brave and has significantly less upper body, aerial ability. Dennis played well with a pretty poor squad in his early days.

2 Likes

I actually think Ozil was faster than Bergkamp prime for prime and because of that he was a better dribbler. Bergkamp’s shooting levels above what Ozil’s ever was, and he has a better first touch. Both had great vision, intelligence and pass picking.

2 Likes

Unlucky :rofl:

2 Likes

Wtf is wrong with Arteta

Seriously doh not again this

Doctors say he has a pair of eyeballs.

14 Likes

Rare prediction miss from @BigWeng_4LYFE

2 Likes

I’m always confused by the people who say Arteta should find a way to integrate Ozil back into the team when Emery got slaughtered for doing the same thing.

I doubt we’ll see him much this season if at all.

I’m also operating from the assumption that Arteta is free to pick who he wants and hasn’t been told not to pick Ozil because of the pay cut drama.

4 Likes

Arteta hasn’t won me over yet. But not playing Özil adds to the positives so far.

3 Likes