Medication

Bravo… My sentiments exactly, no numbing allow yourself to grieve and come back better and stronger.

1 Like

Best of luck @Gio, just remember that things will always get better if you hang in long enough, things in life are never as bad as they seem. Seek the help that you need and stay strong bud, talk to those you can as that should always help rather than bottling things up.

8 Likes

Mate mate mate mate, what have I told you about your choice in women before?!

I’ve got my first appointment with a psychiatrist next week because things finally got bad enough that I needed to seek help. I spent way too long with things simmering under the surface and there’s no harm or shame in seeking professional help.

But it’s detinitely professional help you need, self-medicating with drugs (pharma or otherwise) or alcohol is not the way to go.

Make the right choice and seek out a therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist and get on the road to recovery.

8 Likes

Hope all goes well with you too mate. I can’t advise as I have never been there but you’re certainly doing the right thing. :fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3:

This is a great topic btw, just highlights to everyone going through this that they’re not alone. It’s nothing abmormal

1 Like

Love is a dangerous decease but luckily there is cure.

Green gardens, sunlit terraces and hot baths. Doctor’s prescribed and better than any medication.

2 Likes

By the way it’s awesome to see everyone being so supportive in these types of situations, glad that whatever we think of peoples football opinions it has to bearing on people being supportive to each other in the really important matters.

Well done OA community :clap:.

9 Likes

Cream rises @Gio. Just needs pouring into the cup. This is exactly what @Cristo doing here. Respect here to both of you for putting it out their.
When your young life seems a straight road but the reality is its a series of speed bumps. Anyone says they wouldnt change anything in their life is a liar.

6 Likes

You cunts still mock me, supportive my ass.

5 Likes

Iv been coming on this forum since I was 13 and I am 25 now. Mainly for transfer news, read others opinions etc. But have never made an account until I saw your post today.
I work with residents who suffer from mental health and you are obviously going through a hard time buddy. Clinically speaking, if you have felt like this for atleast 2 weeks you would be diagnosed with depression. In that instance, your GP is your best friend. So many other services are at your disposal my friend but you will only get access if they are aware of the difficulties you are facing. Medical intervention such as diazepam, promethazine etc will make you feel slightly more Upbeat but may not be an effective long term solution. The fact your speaking about it is great and well done (without sounding patronising) as at our lowest point it is difficult for any of us to ask for help. Just remember the special place you hold in so many peoples lives, and the light at the end of the tunnel is straining to shine through, and will with patience and perseverance. And on a side note, stop watching arsenal. Won’t make you feel any better lol. Stay strong fellow gooner :facepunch:t4:

22 Likes

Welcome along @idris. You’re a long servant :smiley: you should have registered sooner! But good that you did now anyways!

3 Likes

Yes you are all online celebs to me From younger days :yum: Jakeyboy, yourself, Bradymagic and more recently some of the new crop but won’t name them as don’t want to cause big headidness at my expense.
Thanks for greeting mate.

12 Likes

Welcome along mate, cracking first post! Hope to read many more from you :wink:

Haha when you mention BradyMagic then I definitely know you’ve been around the forum for years.

Welcome along mate, I hope you post more. Excellent first post and good to see another member of the OA Community helping out Gio.

2 Likes

Posts like those make me cringe at some of the stuff people may have seen me say without (sometimes with lets be honest) context. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Have you ever gone back to your older posts from months/years back and cringed? :joy: I do it all the time

2 Likes

I absolutely do. Kinda glad 6 years of my posts from the old site have disappeared. :laughing:

6 Likes

Appreciate this, thank you. As some will know I’m a Milan fan and arsenal appreciator. Still want you guys to win anything in england and well Europe if Milan aren’t there, but I no longer get disappointed if you lose. Same with Milan these days though. Just numb to it all really where football is concerned. I love it of course the individual amazing sequences and goals, but too many teams I hate dominate so I just switched myself off from it all. I’m a hockey guy really, pucks > balls.

Once again though honestly thank you, you’re right, I just wish she was at the end of that same tunnel but she absolutely won’t be and every day is a fucking struggle.

@Cristo I know man you’ve always been right. I stayed away from anything serious for years but within the first meeting with this girl I was completely hooked. Glad you’re seeking help I really should do the same and I wish you all the luck with it. I think for many people the problem is no matter what we do be it discussing it with a medical professional, or indeed going on anti depressants or other such medication, it doesn’t change the actions/position of the person who’s massively caused such deep lying problems to exacerbate beyond a seemingly irreversible point.

Thank you for this man, I know how you feel about the male dominated thing. In my bar it’s run by “blokes” who couldn’t give a fuck about your feelings or if you’re having a difficult day. This mindset has passed down to some of the girl members of staff. One of whom is now a manager.

My colleague suffers from serious anxiety and he struggles massively some days. I talked with the aforementioned girl manager about him and she said he needs to lighten up and get on with it. I said it’s a lot more complicated than that you should support him. She said shes got too much to worry about than to spend her time with him. Right then I knew this wasn’t a healthy place to be working, before this she was so kind and sweet (known from before working there) and this toxic environment has changed her, so I can never bring up how I’m feeling there unless it’s to my friend there ^ as he has similar shit going on, or to a couple of the girls there. Most are just harsh as fuck and don’t care whatsoever. Even when I’ve tried to be open about what’s troubling me, I get blank stares.

Anyway, honestly I owe absolutely everyone on here a beer. Or Robinson’s in @Persona ‘s case

10 Likes

You owe nobody a beer mate. That’s what makes this forum so great. Feel free to keep vent here and ask us for anything we can help with because everyone here is willing to go over and beyond to help us all out.

Either way, I hope everything works out for you because if she realises what she’s losing out from (with how you feel) then in time she is the real loser, not you. Millions of women would kill to have a gent that feels as strongly about them as you do with her :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Speak for yourself

4 Likes