Match Of The Day

There is a lovely little Italian joint I’ve been to.

Need some details before I’m convinced. What was your move? Red sauce? Gnocchi?

Ponte de Legno. That was the name of the place lol

1 Like

I’ll keep it under advisement if we ever make it to the UK and venture north of the Emirates.

1 Like

Is it fuck. If you’re talking about the one in brum it’s a shit hole (like most of it)

Goddamnit, Dave! Treachery of the highest order! I trusted you.

1 Like

The surrounding areas of Hall Green, Shirley, Stirchley, Acocks Green certainly are. Anywhere off the Stratford Road, really. Makes my eyes bleed.

You do realise this is a double-turn, don’t you? Me mildly appraising an area in the West Midlands whereas @Josh condemns it in the harshest possible terms.

Hmm. This is quite the conundrum for me. Do I trust you or @Josh who has voluntarily relinquished the title of Josh, which as we all know, is recognized as a mark of great distinction and therefore also cannot be trusted.

1 Like

I mean, I live in Birmingham soooo haha

1 Like

MOTD has been shit for years
Analysis is poor, short, focuses on the wrong things, often misses big chances in games too.

Linekar is a cunt, cant stand the guy

Heres to another broadcaster winning the rights, which would be a shame as I love the BBC.

Match of the day is a good middle ground for me. It’s a highlights show first and foremost which means most people arnt tuning in to watch someone draw lines on a pitch for 15mins explaining in depth why Everton 0-0 Bournemouth was so shit.

It’s a good balance between showing enough of the game and high level talks after.

6 Likes

Still a good post of reference and quoted often enough on here.
Whatever happens it’s important you keep a terrestrial highlights package.

4 Likes

MOTD is on far too late for me. I feel I am already in slumberland by the time it’s on and I don’t care for the analysis anyway.

The times we live in, you can find an extended highlights package of a game and you can watch it at your own convenience. Can’t be staying up to listen to Shearer warble on.

1 Like

Especially since having a little one, MOTD is an early Sunday morning watch with breakfast and a cuppa

5 Likes

Actually think motd2 is a better watch. Big fan of Mark Chapman as a presenter.

1 Like

This makes me remember The Premiership ITV start time of 9pm being a huge talking point. Loads of moaning about it with the main point people still in the pub at that time.

It was 7pm not 9pm.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s the perfect middle ground for me.

I love getting just enough analysis to let me say “ahh yes arsenal really are the best team right now” without it getting too over the top and nerdy.

I also love watching it so late in the evening as my gf usually goes to bed and then I can just watch it in peace. Alternatively, as @JakeyBoy mentions, if I can’t watch it on the Saturday I love getting up early on the Sunday and watching it in bed as well.

I’ve watched it my whole life, Des Lynam is the first presenter I can remember! I’d be gutted/devastated if it left the BBC. That theme tune is iconic to my childhood. Lots of fond memories of me dragging my dad out of bed at 7am on a Sunday to watch it with me before football training on Wimbledon common.

2 Likes

Seeing how long the beeb have had with motd, he must be the only man to present the highlights show on two different channels?