Match Of The Day

I’d prefer to win the argument, and still make them pay me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They surely would have be within their rights to suspend
Free speech is free speech but I would absolutely believe that the Beeb have an agreement in every one of their employees contracts which discusses impartiality or something alike to it which he would have potentially broken by writing and publishing what he did

1 Like

For their news reporters they absolutely do, the situation is considerably less clear for entertainers. I mean the BBC has, for example, been broadcasting Have I Got News For You for decades which has been presented by people clearly showing their political leanings (including, I think, Linekar himself).

It’s even less clear how much they can compel someone like Linekar who is actually an outside contractor to meet those standards on their own personal platform.

Gary lineker the man that tweeted bin Corbyn, and congratulated Boris Johnson winning the election….

Goes to show parrot whatever the left wants and you will be fine.

1 Like

People seemed to be ok with Andrew Neil, but not Gary Lineker :slight_smile:

It depends on the contract he signed and whether the social media policy was extended to anyone who has a contract with BBC or just actual BBC employees (but excluding contractors).

If Linekar signed a contract or was given some notice that a new social media policy was going into place that covered contractors and he didn’t want to abide by it and his contract didn’t say anything about social media policies, he’s got a pretty good argument that he doesn’t have to follow it.

Guys, please, it’s Lineker

3 Likes

Best fan denial in a while :joy:

5 Likes

Jesus the audio editing is getting really over done on these. Could only listen to like 40 seconds before I had to stop the assault on my ears.

Paddy Power have got way too try hard these days. Used to be witty, now they feel overproduced, over thought.

2 Likes

I’m confused, isn’t saying “bin Corbyn” and congratulating Johnson on his victory the opposite if what the left wants to hear? I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding what you’ve written or what

1 Like

Hahaha that was actually fucking hilarious

Fuck Lineker and his views .
Smug twat

2 Likes

Should of compared it to 1930s England.

1 Like

Was it 1/2 a million more viewers for Saturdays MOTD ?

1 Like

A lot of people wanted to see what a shit show it was.

There is no such thing as bad publicity anymore

Oswald Mosley liked this post

Mosley was a patriot!!

Surprisingly amenable area in the West Midlands

I don’t think you can get a good bagel there if you know what I mean. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it.