Match Day Info and Tickets

Anyone robbing fellow arsenal fans is a wanker. Some guy tried to sell a palace ticket ‘his son was sick’ for £200 when face value is £38.

Needless to say he got ripped to shreds and kicked from the group.

5 Likes

It’s not unreasonable in my eyes to maybe charge £100-120 for a ticket. At the end of the day I think that’s pretty fair mark up and still affordable for a fan to go maybe once or twice a season.

But I’m genuinely seeing people charge £600 for a pair of tickets to a standard fixture like an Everton or a Leeds game.

Absolutely absurd.

1 Like

Absolutely this. Anything over face value is shit. No football ticket should cost over 100 quid, for any game.

2 Likes

I’ve had no luck all season with my silver membership. Tickets are supposed to go on sale at 10.00. I’ll queue for 1.5 hrs before with an entry time of 10.09 and the tickets always sell out by 10.05.

Ticket tout cunts with bots are completely rinsing the system.

Absolutely scandalous that tickets go for resale on third party websites within minutes for £1200+.

No chance of getting to a game unless you’re in a local ticket group, or if you’re willing to pay a premium.

4 Likes

I know fans who have rang at 9.59 and 30secs and got through. (Apparently a lot of others have cottoned on to this now, though)

1 Like

Guessing you haven’t had much of a chance at tickets this season being a silver member? And you’ve had to stump up some cash for that as well. Every right to feel aggrieved at the state of the current setup.

ID to match the name on the ticket really needs to come into force if they’re serious about tackling this issue.

4 Likes

Works on european aways but be surprised if it would hold up with 60000. Would have to get to the ground about 5 hours before kick off to get in.

How these bots are even causing havoc for silver and above is beyond me, I thought the problem was just reds as they’re easy to get a new membership.

1 Like

I’ve been to gigs before where they’ve told people to bring ID and said “named person must be present”. But then they didn’t check everyone. They just did random spot checks. But even that might be enough to deter some people.

I’ve always put my seat on the Arsenal Ticket Exchange if I haven’t been able to attend a home match. Really hate seeing people trying to make a profit from their seat by selling at inflated prices. Arsenal really need to clamp down on rogue sellers and online bots. The police are useless when it comes to the ticket outs who operate literally in front of the police when it comes to buying and selling tickets.

I don’t know why they can’t do away with paper tickets and insist everyone uses their Membership Card. That way you would have to be an Arsenal member to access the stadium. I just want to see real fans getting a chance to watch Arsenal, so sorry to hear so many stories on here who haven’t been able to get a ticket.

If I can’t attend any home matches I’m happy to post on here in advance to see if anyone wants the ticket at its match value.

6 Likes

I’m travelling over for the Wolves game whether I get info the stadium or not. Hopefully it will be party time.

1 Like

Well, it’s only 2 games admittedly but my brother and I were successful for both Man United and Brighton through the legitimate route. But these touts need to be dealt with.

Part of the problem I think is that the ticket system hasn’t substantially been reformed since the stadium opened in 2006. Back then, it sort of worked. Touts were still a problem but not on anything like this level.

The system needs a huge update and some safeguards. When everyone who goes into the ground has to be searched, how hard would it be to also verify their identity to the membership being used?

1 Like

500k!

3 Likes

It is a big number, but im pretty sure theyve blocked my work laptop so I can no longer go on and buy tickets whilst at work unless I use my phone or another device, so how many of those 500k are actually genuine and theyve banned in error?

2 Likes

Maybe one of your colleagues created a bot.

1 Like

Maybe mate

I think a lot of fans try to use multiple devices to get through the queue one way or the other which might mean if they’re on the same wifi they might incorrectly be labelled as bots.

1 Like

I think it takes a lot to get blocked though, I frequently get the captcha because I’m flicking around desperately trying to find tickets across any of the games.

I think the ones they’re blocking sounds very targeted to purchasing times, some risk a regular member will get blocked but it’s a step they need to take and keep focus on.

Hopefully they cancelled some ST of twats abusing it so I get more chance to get one :grin:

ST twats for home or away?

Either if they’re abusing the system for their gain at the expense of other fans desperate to go. I don’t mind those who utilise for ticket groups, at least there’s good opportunity to get a core group of fans there.

And it’s not a blanket statement about ST holders (note twats was at those abusing at any level). I doubt there’s more than a handful ST holders abusing it tbh, it’ll be red memberships most commonly.

Yer I agree, which is why the club making away fans collect tickets and cancelling their original ones is confusing for me. Away fans are mostly gold members who have built up credits over years and years to go, yes they may share some tickets between a small group as you said but that isnt touting.

1 Like