Mason Mount

Or Madders?

1 Like

Fuck if players like Mount are valued at 85 mill, I’d hate to hear the valuation of Odegaard types.

1 Like

Chelsea not really in a position to be asking unrealistic sums on players if they’re needing to shift a few to comply with ffp

1 Like

Chelsea only placing exorbitant fees for their players cause they know they overpaid for a lot of trash in the last 2 windows, they need to recoup fees; so the price for everyone on their squad has skyrocketed… this coming from a team sitting in 12th place, as if they have any leverage. Twats.

£25m

3 Likes

If you set a low asking price, clubs will always try to negotiate down anyway. No harm in setting an unrealistic asking price. It at least establishes that he won’t come cheaply.

No one will pay £85m but now £50m doesn’t seem so absurd.

1 Like

Also got three of the biggest clubs in the country very interested.
Chelsea hand is strong on this one. He’s factored into all 3 clubs plans I feel and think they will all give this one serious attention.

3 Likes

£50M with a year left on his contract is already absurd - especially when the player wants to leave

3 Likes

Even a £55m fee for Mount is outrageous. Dude has 12 months left on his contract ffs.

£40m should be the upper limit. The fees in the summer are going to be fucking stupid.

Bastards who bought Antony, Grealish and Mudryk for dumbass prices have fucked the market.

8 Likes

Didn’t even know before he was in his last year.

He’s absolutely not worth more than what we have payed for Jesus.

More importantly there’s surely no chance Arsenal would see him as £80m important.

Maybe Rice or Caicedo but not Mount.

Liverpool and United might be in a different boat.

What would Mason Mount’s value be if he had 3 years left on his contract? I think £70m-£80m. Just because he has a year left on his contract you can’t have the mindset as the selling team that you can’t/won’t get maximum value for the asset.

Who are the potential buyers? United, Liverpool, and Arsenal. These teams have no issue with breaking the bank for a player of Mount’s profile. Set a crazy price and see which club is desperate enough to get close to what you want.

4 Likes

you can have any mind set you choose to have. The reality is you have a “£70-80m” asset that wants to leave and in 12 months is worth £0…

Potentially asset could have decided he wants to go to only one club - a London club on the rise with his best mate Declan, in this case, what is the asset worth? Still £70-80m or much less? Chelsea could take a hard stance and keep the unhappy player and get £0 next summer to prove a point (seems like they have no problem spunking money) or meet somewhere in the middle.

The bidding war/ number of potential buyers only makes a difference if the player (and/or their agent) is happy to go to a number of different clubs

EDIT: Not saying he wants to come to Arsenal, he may want Liverpool or whatever other club, same applies. His agent manages half of the scouse club

did they forget to put the decimal point in.

4 Likes

The argument on his remaining year is valid but depends on the buying clubs needs.
A year down the line is a long time if it’s what you want or require now.

Didn’t we sell ox for 35mill when he had one year on his contract?

55m for Mount dosnt feel unrealistic to me.

2 Likes

With todays fees, £40-£50m for a player like Mount sounds about right. £85m is just stupid from Chelsea. I could see where Mount would fit into our or Liverpool’s team, but struggling to see how he integrates at Utd with the players they have.

Listened to Arteta’s interview with Sky which was posted this morning and he essentially said we needed to be ready to act quickly in the transfer market and hinted it needed to be a big summer. If we are serious about Mount, and others are looking, we also need to make our move. £40m plus add ons/bonuses should do it.

End of the day you’re worth what someone is willing to pay, with that said that’s not a figure I’d pay for him.

I don’t really see him moving the needle for any team

If we get his best buddy Rice then that may just swing it in our favour if it’s between the three clubs. Would be a similar situation to Fabregas fee to Barcelona.

Very few clubs are as fucking stupid and naive as we were during that period. It will be a cold day in hell when you see someone like Chelsea role over like we used to do so god damn often under the reign of Wenger and Gazidis

1 Like