Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Cabellos returning for a 3rd loan after we fail landing our main targets.

I’d rather Ødegaard over Graelish just because:

Gap between Xhaka and Ødegaard
Gap between ESR and Graelish

Gap 1 is larger than gap 2 imo.

Let’s get both though.

2 Likes

I don’t think we have seen a big enough bite size yet. It’s definitely in the direction we want though. I do feel though we go slightly overboard because we fear what we will end up with if we don’t.
In fact I fear it’s what we already have and a permanent Cabellos move. That’s certainly how it could end up if we didn’t have European football next season.

2 Likes

Could see Ceballos never leaving, just running down his contract with loans then signing on with us.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, Madrid wouldn’t do that.
They’re gonna cash in on him now. They need to balance them books ASAP.

I thought it was a small injury he picked up from his international duties. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sounds nuts but I would pay it. Honestly Grealish, is a generational talent that’s proved his ability. The guy really is just a baller, and would massively upgrade our team. Odegaard is good but Grealish is currently better and God knows what his ceiling is at a better club surrounded by better players.

2 Likes

-------------Auba----------
Grealish-ESR-Saka

1 Like

I dunno about generational but I love watching the guy play football.

That’s the profile of player we need, most fouled player in the league and he hasn’t kicked a ball in month. In a better team he can go up a level.

2 Likes

Btw, that was from last year. Reckon Villa will ask well over £100m for him now.

2 Likes

We’re gonna sell Guendouzi for £100mil

Job done

1 Like

Only if the bridge was never burnt

Odegaard and Partey behind :drooling_face:

1 Like

Dozens of millions on Odegaard when he might work out at a centre midfielder…just go out and scout for a centre midfielder.

1 Like

Fuck it I’d take the second year loan.

Tbf, he did play there a lot for Sociedad…

I’m sure he played there on occasion for them, if he played centre midfielder at all. A lot is definitely an exaggeration since they had Igor Zubeldia and Mikel Merino as starting centre midfielders. He is a question mark on that position. There is no way around that. For the sum that Real will ask you might aswell scout for an actual centre midfielder. Not sure Real is going to go for another loan after the year Ceballos had.

Forgot to ask you @Electrifying, you have 70m which can get you Camavinga or Odegaard.

Who do you pick?

Ødegaard.

I’d we didn’t have Partey, Camavinga would be more enticing though

1 Like

Do we think this affects oir chances buying Odegaard?
Madrid are proper fucked now.