Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

1 Like

18 Likes

Fair enough, bro. I’ll keep repeating Sky is a shit source though. Because they are :wink: .

@SRCJJ fair points. But at least the guy isn’t injured like Denis Suarez and Kallstrom were. He has been on the bench often so you would think he has some training hours. Obviously, match fitness is something else but still.

1 Like

No way we get this guy. Still, going to be a world beater.

What did Madrid pay for him again?

The graphs are saying nobody’s perfect.

Looks like this has legs.
So the whole thing about not having 2 loanees from Madrid must be shit too.
Not particularly excited by this as both MØ and ESR share the same age profile.
They’ll promise him time but he’ll end up fighting it out with ESR. He’s good enough he’ll take most of the minutes from ESR and the club will make a move for him in the summer. He’s not, he’ll be sharing the plane with Dani to Valladolid.
Either way, one of ESR or MØ won’t be happy once the season is over.

€5-10m when he was 16-17.

Is this player any good ?
I’ve not watched the Spanish footie since sky lost the rights .

He was one of the best midfielders in La liga last year when he was at Sociedad, as a short term no risk solution, i say bring him in!

2 Likes

Is he better than Ceballos ?

1 Like

I would say yes, but he is more of a #10. Also he is norweign so english weather will probably feel like home to him unlike for most spanish players

1 Like

I did post a whole load of stats, but I watched a game or 2 of real sociedad last season and he was unreal.

2nd best player in the league after Messi. I still can’t quite believe that he’s linked with us.

Seems too good to be true.

1 Like

I’ve found Ceballos disappointing tbh
He’s certainly not chipped in with many goals, if any .

1 Like

who knows we might buy him instead of buendia

So you watched a game or two of Sociedad last season and came into the conclusion that he is the second best player in the league after Messi? :wenger2:

2 Likes

My eye for talent is just that good

1 Like

Bell confirming our interest for Odegaard.

His future at Real doesn’t look all that good. They just extended Modric another year and all signs suggest that they will sign Camavinga this summer, so even with Isco sold that will still be four midfielders ahead of him for the two 8 spots in Zidane’s lineup (Modric, Kroos, Valverde, Camavinga).

It feels like Madrid could be convinced to sell this summer. They will need to raise a lot of funds if they really plan to buy both Camavinga and Mbappe, as long speculated.

Arsenal, Sociedad and Valencia after Odegaard. I know he probably has little to no recollection of Arsenal ever being a great team, but we’re so much more superior to those other two clubs.

Unless another Premier League side comes in for him, I expect him to be wearing the #10 till at least the end of the season.

Arsenal will want to add a transfer clause or have the option to extend the loan. That could delay things somewhat.

2 Likes

If he wants to stay in La Liga we can be superior all we want but that doesn’t mean much ;). With how we use Ceballos I wouldn’t be surprised if Real is looking to loan him elsewhere anyway.

For everyone whose afraid that he will take minutes from Smith Rowe; when he was loaned to Heerenveen and Vitesse he made extensive minutes as right winger / midfielder.

3 Likes