Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Does Jorginho take responsibility off him?

Stil very involved. Not quite getting the goals or assists but he’s still a huge part of our approach play. Think it’s definitely tougher with these low blocks we have faced the last 4 games, probably still something that is relatively new to him so hopefully he adapts because we need that bit of quality right now

3 Likes

Needs a goal and all will be well.

That’s gotta be a good thing though right? As experienced as Odegaard is, he’s still very young and hasn’t had the trophy haul Jorginho does.

Not necessarily because it means adjusting his game a bit.
Did lose control a lot of ball today and misread situations though in a sloppy way today.

1 Like

It’s not even really the g/a for me personally he just looks a little dejected in his play lately which is bizzare. He’s usually so flawless with his decision making but lately he looks caught in two minds quite often. Maybe Zinchenko stepping into midfield is stepping on his toes a little but it shouldn’t really.

Hopefully the next two home games go better for him

He isn’t flying atm but he was fantastic 2nd half vs Villa apart from the miss.

This talk reminds me of people being critical of Saka in the first month of the season.

Odegaard will be fine.

3 Likes

He looks like he’s just a half step slow right now mentally. The balls weren’t moving as smoothly recently. I still have total confidence in him.

1 Like

Come on now Martin. You owe yourself a performance.
Step up and take over. Plenty of time to dictate and play yourself into some form this half.

7 Likes

Needs a goal

1 Like

2-0 up and most likely a win.
Let’s keep that performance for the upcoming games then

Great pre assist for the Martinelli goal :arteta:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Gets a goal

9 Likes

Perfect.

2 Likes

The bitching about his form was slightly overblown, his general play was solid and positive even if he was missing the cutting edge in front of goal

4 Likes

Ode🐐

2 Likes

Actually insane what a goal does to you. Playing like the Ode we were used to as soon as he scored.

6 Likes

It was like a switch went off with the lad and he was back to playing line breaking passes without having to think.

He was definitely lacking for a little confidence but this performance on a whole should bring him back to his best

3 Likes

Mentioned it before but I think a big part of it was the low block type teams we have faced over the correspondibg period. He is still a young guy and he probably hasn’t faced many teams that play like that at the high a level. Part of it is just adapting to thay style of defense.

2 Likes