Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

We for a while were playing well with Eddie upfront too. Everyone dropped form recent games. Except for Saka. He is a legend

Weren’t saying that when Eddie was banging goals and we beat Spurs and Man Utd though.

Odegaard has been poor himself. Very simple.

Aside that magic pass against Man Utd, he wasn’t particularly good in that game either.

He’s the captain of the team, he really needs to start lifting the team when shit goes bad. Too many great moments when shit goes well but has struggled big time for us when it doesn’t.

Dogs hit again. Not one for the battle.

If this were the Viking era, he’d probably run back to his longboat to avoid invading.

2 Likes

He wasn’t great tonight, almost nobody was, but what is he supposed to do when the entire backline plays like they had halftime lobotomies?

My man was invisible tonight.

Our captain has taken a three week holiday at the crunch time of the season.

Pep targeted him and they played him out of the game, Pep even said it in his interview afterwards. They had to stop him as he is key for us

No coincidence as Partey form dipped before last night that his has too.

He’s been brilliant this season but we need him. KDB has found form at the right time, Bruno is turning up for United, we need our creative spark to start creating because the last three games needed something from him.

Think it’s all connected. No Jesus means reduced movement up front. If you can jam Odegaard, especially without Partey around then we’re relying on Xhaka and Zinchenko for creativity and from the map @Calum posted last night, they looked way too close together.

1 Like

Holy smokes that miss ! Title looked gone at that moment

8 Likes

Nearly broke my phone when he missed that. Luckily it had a soft landing.

That is an unforgivable miss, thankfully Martinez’ massive head bailed him out big time

5 Likes

He got saved by the late goals. Had it finished 2-2, he’d be crucified for that miss.

Yeah, him and Eddie both got saved today. I do think his overall play was much better though.
Some really nice combinations with Saka, White and Jorginho and even paid the left hand side a visit at times and helped us progress there too.

Hoping for a big performance against Leicester.

I’d fucking still crucify him if I were Arteta. He takes lame shots from those positions way too often. That’s just embarrassing for a player of his talent and ability.

For the first time today, literally after that miss, I had a thought he reminds me of Woody Harrelson…

You can’t unsee it now, can you?

1 Like

one is from age 60, one is from his 20’s… :slight_smile:

You’re telling me that second photo is from his 60s?!?! That’s a Bob Holding-like transformation.

1 Like

What is going on with him lately. Wasn’t that long ago he felt like the best player in the league

3 Likes