Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Odegaard was on it today but I would like him to shoot more when chances arise, he looks for a pass when the better option is a shot

3 Likes

Clearly.

Everybody has a hill to die on I guess.

lol this was a cycle to read.

He’s clearly our best fit for a captain, speaks a multitude of languages, plays well and already captains Norway.

Anything else and it’s ageism.

1 Like

Needs to shoot on sight and not always pass it off !?

Liking all the posts and I’ve not seen a minute of the game yet :grin:

2 Likes

Who hurt you bro?

None of these are captain traits.

2 Likes

What a pass that was for Nketiah! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Was a shame that Eddie hesitated after that lovely dink, Jesus was wide open for the tapper as well.

Odegaard really bringing us back to the old Arsenal quality.

5 Likes

Odegaard was so immense in this game. Everything went through him.
Hope he keeps growing and become our version of De Bruyne.

Commentators were loving him. For all the criticism around goals, he already has 3 this season and I think 10 would be a great return. He’s not a typical #10 as many seem to imply so I don’t necessarily think he should be expected to contribute goals in the way someone like Lampard did.

For me he’s a key link between midfield and attack and a core cog in keeping possession, with the ability to open teams up with his passing as well.

7 Likes

He’s the perfect piece to have in a possession based team that wants to keep the pressure sustained at the top of the pitch.

Didn’t he get 7 goals last season? He’s on pace to top that already after 4 games.

2 Likes

Arteta says he came off because he felt pain from the McGinn challenge. Will assess. Hopefully he’s okay for the weekend.

1 Like

He was incredible today

Reminded me of 09/10 Fabregas a bit

2 Likes

Superb performance again.

2 Likes

Didn’t really rate him tonight. Didn’t create much and got roughed up a bit. Solid 6 out of ten.

Let’s pray he’s ok, already lost Partey and Zinchenko, can’t afford to lose Odegaard also.

Odegaard was immense tonight. Absolute pleasure to watch. Really led by example, excellent passing, great vision, and really makes the team tick. Arteta’s faith and persistence in trying to sign him last summer is really paying off now. Excellent signing for Arsenal.

1 Like

Which one? That square headed fuck was kicking anything that moved today.

3 Likes

Studs on ankle. A particularly nasty one from the little twerp.