Manuel Locatelli

More nonsense from Italian media, I give it a week or two before Juve turn their heads elsewhere. :smiling_imp:

Should cover the Locatelli deal, surely? Oh well, we tried.
Onto Neves.

United?

Maybe Liverpool think they need midfielders

Practically given him away for nothing until 2023

What an L

6 Likes

Sassuolo bent over and pegged hard by the old lady

8 Likes

We would have paid more than that up front, let alone after a 2 year delay.

His contract doesnā€™t even expire until 2023, if Iā€™m Sassuolo Iā€™d tell him he can either go to Arsenal for the bigger fee now, or he stays for another year and gets the transfer next year.

They get to keep their best player for another year and theyā€™d still get a fairly sizable fee for him next year. Either that or it forces Juve to provide a more reasonable offer for him.

Canā€™t they technically ā€œbankā€ the money in their books now though?

Which my help them balance their accounts after COVID even the cash transfer wonā€™t happen until 2023?

Why do I feel heā€™ll flop? Has all the signs of that move thatā€™s perfect on paper but doesnā€™t actually translate as well.

1 Like

Because we didnā€™t get him?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s honestly one of the worst deals Iā€™ve ever heard.

1 Like

This deal or whatever you want to call it has corruption written all over it.
How is a club willing to refuse 30 40m and opt for a two year loan instead.

1 Like

They never refused Arsenalā€™s offer, the player wasnā€™t interested in Arsenal. Juventus donā€™t have the money to pay for the move now so much like Chiesa, itā€™s a multiple year loan with an obligation to buy.

Itā€™s essentially a transfer with a 2 year payment holiday. Sassuolo will get their money regardless and Juventus donā€™t have to take a hit on the accounts.

1 Like

Another case of the player having all the cards.

If this was the NBA, Locatelli wouldā€™ve found his ass traded to Brescia.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say that they refused Arsenalā€™s offer or other offers for that matter. Iā€™m saying they could have shifted him easily for 30-40m but instead, they bend over for the playerā€™s demands and do this corrupt/shit deal with Juve.

The player didnā€™t want to go anywhere but Juventus of the clubs that were actually interested in him so Sassuolo had no options. Sell him for a guaranteed ā‚¬35m or hold onto him and hope to get better offers in the future

Is there any evidence that theyā€™re getting no money now?

Teams normally pay something for loans surely?

Theyā€™re surely paying something but knowing Serie A thatā€™s probably deferred too

1 Like