Manuel Locatelli

FYI, Arsenal was scouting Locatelli long before Wenger left.

Point stands that we arenā€™t smart enough to pull off the type of business we need to be doing in our current state.

There were doubts about spending 50m on a 28 year old midfielder who was CL ready (Partey) last season. Reason being that our team arenā€™t contenders, so the 50m is not the best way of using our money, and second the guy is going into the downside of his career on a big contract from us. No resale value by the time his cycle comes to an end here.

The smart move would have been someone in the mold of Locatelli who is on the verge of a breakout and is young. Buy him at 25m (which is what he woulda gone for last summer) and by the time his contract is up in 5 years or so heā€™s valued at 50m and you got his prime years.

5 Likes

Actually, it is terrible. Thatā€™s 30m depending on various conditions. :rofl:

Weā€™re apparently offering 40m plus bonuses.

Weā€™ve fucked Juve over regardless on this. Love it.:rofl:

5 Likes

What do you think our chances are with Locatelli?

• Not a chance!
  • Not likely
  • 50/50
  • Likely
  • Itā€™s happening!

0 voters

I love the idea of a current Italian international potentially joining us.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s ever happened, has it?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not whether or not we can get him, of course we could when you look at where he is playing and what wage he is on. Itā€™s the fact that itā€™s contingent on whether Juve want him or not. Thatā€™s a red flag and we should move on.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s always a chance he could end up like Torreira, but looking at the alternatives I think ability wise he is well clear of Neves, Bissouma and the rest.

1 Like

Honestly A4tt hits the nail on the head about international football, the reason the Italians look so great is because much like their own league the pace and power is none existant and itā€™s all about tactics, technique and game craft which they have in spades. Itā€™s why shitters like Xhaka look like team of the tournament contenders and why heā€™ll look on in Italy.

The only Italian intranational I would crave to see in the EPL and for us is Verratti.

@GC-Maniac yeh youā€™re right his technique and ability in terms of upside is a lot better than those names, and I canā€™t lie Iā€™d be super hyped. Like you said though a lot of reason for concern, we know Bissouma and Neves can handle and thrive in this league. Locatelli is the type that either pulls you to winning a title or doesnt feature at all because he canā€™t handle England.

2 Likes

meh

Fuck this guy, cunt canā€™t even score a decent penalty. Weā€™re already stocked in that department

2 Likes

Fuck thatā€™s a real kick in the guts, heā€™d rather stay where he is at over joining us.

Itā€™s nothing to do with us though really. These frauds know that if they step outside their home league or international tournaments they might actually have to run, or as least jog briskly.

5 Likes

Sounds like an important piece of news, strange how Di Marzio didnā€™t publish it on his site.
Itā€™s like some Juventini made it up. :pires2:

We all know itā€™s true in this dudeā€™s heart though. Zero interest in the EPL and even less interest in playing for Arsenal. Least the likes of White, Maddison, Bissouma, Neves et al know what it would mean to play for us.

I hope we do the rest of our shopping in league unless something exceptional turns up.

1 Like

Not particularly interested in this guy.

There must be some French midfield talent (or the Ā£Ā£Ā£ Maddison) to tap into insteadā€¦

FIFY, you best believe Edu will sort out Jorge Medes.

Pass. Bring in Jean Pyerre, Edu you fuck.

2 Likes

People really have a hard time to believe that the Premier League/England is simply not that attractive for a lot of Italian and Spanish players top, or supposed top, talents/players :joy:.

1 Like
3 Likes

Locatelli is not refusing Arsenal. Fabrizio is sure Loca will leave this summer.

1 Like