Manuel Locatelli

Edu needs to say I didn’t fancy her anyway and move on :joy:

If the player wants to stay in Italy that presents risk if you are going to shell out well over 30m for a player who might not settle in London. I’ve not taken this rumour seriously thus far anyway. I don’t know about Ruben Neves, but even a transfer for him looks far more likely than Locatelli right now.

Yeh we’ve played this game before with Torreira, his analytics in Italy were practically off the charts, and he lit that league up with impressive displays at a smaller Italian club all the while putting in a few solid international performances.

The parallels between Torreira and Locatelli are clear as day. I think history would simply repeat itself.

2 Likes

He could be the one to replace the football of Alberto Aquilani

3 Likes

I’d love him tbh, be a super upgrade on anyone we have in that position as things stand.

2 Likes

No they weren’t. They were decent at best, better than anyone we had at the time i.e Xhaka, but they weren’t overwhelming by any means.

I recall some kid on Twitter saying he was statistically one of the best DM’s in Europe at the time. I never cared enough to look at them but it could have been you for all I know.

Lol well we never really played him as a DM so, kinda hard to use him as an example.

I liked Torreria, his analytics were probably really good too because the Serie A is a slow ass league- yes I know that’s a lazy stereotype but it’s kind of true.

I like Locatelli too he was impressive for Italy though I have no doubt in my mind Verratti was the better choice.

Torriera for me was used tragically here and I’m worried Locatelli would be the same, not that their similar players outside their circumstance. The reality is though if he’s coming here with his heart set on Juve it’s not going to end well for us.

1 Like

Think this one is dead in the water tbh

1 Like

Based on the above and what Di Marzio said, the meeting shall take place today.
Didn’t they have multiple meetings about this already? What’s to stop them negotiating throughout July and even enter August?

No need to waste time on him if he wants to join Juve, no Edu PowerPoint would change his mind.

5 Likes

Yeah and even if we do sign him it’s clear as day he won’t settle here.

2 Likes

Serie A return rumours by January? :rofl:

3:24

I didn’t know he was a Juve fan. I thought he just wanted to join them because of their dominance the recent years.

Let’s say we sign him - he’ll immediately be angling to get his dream move to the Old Cunt. Head and heart won’t be at Arsenal. Italians don’t have a great record of adapting to the PL as it is, and this will just make it even more difficult.

And we’ve been in this motherfucking situation before with Cesc. Juve will take him on a pathetic transfer fee even by our withering standards.

2 Likes

Latest from Fabrizio

I agree.
He’s made it clear we aren’t his first choice and, considering our position, I doubt we’re anywhere near the sort of club he’d want to join.

We need winners who want to play for us so with Arteta’s lack of man management skills we don’t need anymore highly paid players who give very little back.

Not gonna lie, I expected Sassuolo to bend over to Juve. Surprised they didn’t. I was expecting shittier offer. :eyes:

I told yall the ship sailed on Locatelli last summer. He was ripe for the picking but we don’t have scouts to identify these kinds of guys anymore. Now he’s a hot property in Europe and top CL clubs want his signature. We are never gonna compete for these types of players as long as we are in this dire state. Gotta work smarter not harder. No faith we can do that tho :joy::joy:

Loan with an obligation to buy is about as shit as it gets my dood :joy::joy: