Manuel Locatelli

1 Like

Knew it was too good to be true. Fucking Neves :tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

Sassuolo looking for a tea-bagging from Juve is it? Even if weā€™re offering liquid gold for the lad?

Sadists.

3 Likes

Apart for that second game, Locatelli hasnā€™t really had a very good tourney has he?
Wonder if that lowers expectations from Sassuolo and has raised some doubts for Juve.

I saw somewhere that West Ham withdrew from pursuing a Czech player after seeing him at the Euros.

Should always buy based on club form anyway

3 Likes

But when I speak and say heā€™s really not all that Iā€™ve got Big Weng whoā€™s never seen him play telling me Iā€™m wrong haha.

Locatelli is a good player but I have my doubts about him and I think the Euros reaffirmed those doubts.

3 Likes

What tournament were u watching? Kid is a beast. He was second choice to Veratti whoā€™s one of the most complete midfielders in the world, and Italy probably played better overall with Locatelli.

1 Like

No they did not haha. Locatelli was poor in the games he came off the bench I.E. against teams with good midfields.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think those two (admittedly fantastic) goals are like the Ukraine/Germany game for england, made him look much better than he actually is.

That Germany game was a contest of who is less shit, will win the game. As you say, he canā€™t be a number 8 metronome like Verratti is.

Watching verratti last night making runs and clever passes and covering well was a fucking work of art.

That said, I still do rate locatelli higher than youā€™re giving him credit, but not a man to build your team around. Would be good in a three man midfield if the other two are on jorginhoā€™s level etc

1 Like

His only good performance was against Switzerland. Had an alright cameo against Austria too but thatā€™s it.

Didnā€™t impress in his first start against Turkey either. His cameos in the other matches were very meh too. He certainly didnā€™t make a case to start over Jorginho, Veratti or Barella.

Listen, I think heā€™s very good player and Iā€™d love him here if he actually wanted to come here. He still has work to do though.
I remember Del Piero was talking about him and Juve after the match against Switzerland. He said Loca wouldnā€™t be a starter at Juve next season. I think heā€™s onto something.

There is definitely competition.

Juventus already have Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie, and Arthur in the 6/8 positions. Locatelli might surpass all of them in time but Iā€™m not sure he just walks into the team.

Locatelli walks into that shit midfield, but that is still not the level juventus have had the past ten years

3 Likes

Locatelli aside this tournament opened my eyes to a whole host of Italian talent which is been for the most part slept on outside of Serie A. Really think teams like us need to start monitoring more closely what is going on in Serie A and using our financial muscle to pick up some prospects instead of just looking at ligue 1.

6 Likes

Personally, Iā€™ve never doubted Serie A talent. Iā€™ve said it often, for me Serie A has been the second best league in the world the last couple of years behind PL.

My main concern and I think the concern for most is that we donā€™t have many success stories of Italian players joining the PL and having successful spell here.

The problem is always going to be you will struggle to attract the best Italian talent the same way youā€™ll struggle to attract the best Spanish, German and even English talent. Players would rather play for the top clubs in their respective national leagues than move abroad and uproot themselves.

In that entire Italian team only Jorginho (Brazilian born) and Verratti (who is handsomely rewarded by the worlds wealthiest club) ply their trade outside of England. Gigio joining PSG makes it three but thatā€™s solely money motivated with what theyā€™re paying him.

The fact Locatelli is insistent on a move to Juventus despite them probably not being prepared to pay him what we would speaks volumes about where his head is at. Italians love living at home, they love the quality of life in Italy and the prestige attached to playing for certain clubs.

4 Likes

Canā€™t blame them bro :joy::rofl:

Honestly heā€™s just not that good that I want us to chase him and convince him to join us when he clearly doesnā€™t want to lol

2 Likes

I wish him well at Juventus

13 Likes

But his stats and those big shapes that show heā€™s better than Xhaka and stuff

1 Like