Manchester United

I mean the guys a cunt, but I’m not sure I feel comfortable with him getting arrested for it.

4 Likes

Yeah it falls under malicious communications act, certain speech are deemed an offence online that wouldn’t be offline.

But my thinking is that this guy was arrested because someone in the crowd, quite rightly, took exception to the shirt?

Or was it because it went viral on twitter and the police, therefore, had to intervene?

Surely the wording on the shirt fits the definition of hate.

2 Likes

It’s not offence to be offensive in the real world but online it’s criminal

No it really isn’t if you don’t know the reference internet just words and numbers

What are you saying here in relation to the arrest?

That it happened because someone made the tweet?

Yup

Seems unlikely to me. As stated above he was arrested for a public order offence.

Malicious communications act, a girl in Liverpool got community service for posting rap lyrics on her Facebook to honour her friend.

Where you getting that from? Met account above saying public order offence. That’s a wide reaching range of offences I’d imagine.

3 Likes

Yeah combined it’a a clear cut message no?

Not that I agree with arresting him or whatever. Booting him out of the venue + stadium ban would of been sufficient for me.

It’s not an offence to write words on a shirt, posting it online with given context is where the offence took place under the law.

So you’ve made it up. Grand.

The info we have is he was arrested for a public order offence. Unless you have something further to offer?

1 Like

Omg malicious communication act is a public order lol

I am explaining why he got arrested, I don’t know what you are getting at

That’s fine, but they haven’t confirmed the charge falls under that remit have they?

What I’m not getting is why you feel it’s ok to add context that either doesn’t exist or hasn’t been confirmed.

That’s only reason he can get arrested, in England we have free speech unless we say shit online…. Which is fucking stupid

I mean…it’s not.

2 Likes

Again he can’t be arrested for writing not enough 97, he has the right to do so by law even if it offends someone.
Seriously what don’t you get.

Didn’t that guy get arrested for calling Prince Andrew a nonce? That wasn’t online, and still deemed a public order offence.

This online stuff doesn’t really seem legit.

1 Like