Manchester United

Yet Liverpool, Chelsea, United, and City; all ended outside top 4 before Arsenal did.

CL is important. Always has been, always will be.

There was only a big 4 when Wenger started to talk up the importance of the top 4

That’s not the point. The point is that our manager told us it was an achievement to finish in the top 4 when there was only 4 big teams in the league lol

and yet every one of those big 4 bar Arsenal ended up outside top 4.
When high spending clubs can end up outside top 4, it is indeed an achievement for a club with poverty money to end up in top 4 season after season.

People read way too much into that 4th place trophy nonsence.

1 Like

The indirects

Bit dumb if it’s a shot at Ronaldo. Last thing he should want is bringing attention to this matter.

I do think Ronaldo’s interview didn’t sit well with him but that chapter has ended and he best try to move on now. You don’t want the media to catch wind of it being a button they can push, and you also don’t want players and staff noticing it either, it’s unnecessary drama they don’t need.

Are they seriously going for Weghorst? He will add nothing for them, bad move from Ten Hag.

Disagree. In theory, he can be an effective player. We all saw what he did to Argentina in a 20 minute spell.

2 Likes

We also saw how ineffective he was for Burnley in their attempt to survive.

This has a Chris Wood vibe for me.

1 Like

Was he ineffective or were Burnley just not successful in avoiding the drop.

He looked like he did a good job whenever I saw him play for Burnley.

United’s top scorer after Rashford has 3 goals. The striker that left in the winter had 1 goal. The bar to being a success at United isn’t that high.

1 Like

If Burnley couldn’t use his height then Man Utd certainly won’t either.

He is a known grafter but there isn’t much else there. I had mixed opinions on him last season. There were games where I thought he was one of the worst players I’ve seen in the league but he had the good game, I think once it was against Man Utd themselves actually.

I think it’s a decent signing. So long as the ball can bounce off him in the right directions (the supporting attackers) and he can hold the ball well it doesn’t matter if he scores 0 goals.

The reality is United need a reference point down the centre of attack who has good physicality, and can occupy central defenders well enough.

Not an elite signing but a reasonably astute piece of business to push United over the line for top 4

Their postponed game against palace takes place on the 18th.

Helps us, surely. We play united on the 22nd

Getting uncomfortable with the amount of Man Utd fans that crawled out of their cave of shame recently.
I hate seeing these twats happy, it gives me flashbacks of the Fergie days and the brief time they looked to be back with Mourinho.

They’re by far one of the most annoying fanbases in the world. Majority of them have no understanding of the game, are very entitled, reactionary, and the only reason they support their club is because it used to win everything some decades ago.

That Utd-City game is win-win situation.
Man Utd win, Man City lose points.
Draw, both lose points
Man City win, Man Utd get humbled.

Gotta make sure we win against Spurs.

3 Likes

Erm :joy:

1 Like

Have you really met a Man Utd fan that really knew about football? I swear there’s probably one or two out of the hundreds I’ve met over the years.

Dumb fucks, I hate them. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha well, I was alluding to us having a similar set of fans, I think it’s a normal consequence of being a big club

2 Likes